What's new

CineBrass matching String Library

nuyo

What Libraries do blend well with the tonal comour of Cinebrass ?

Cinematic Studio String seems a bit to warm. Cine Strings might be an option since it was developed by the same company as CineBrass.

Laurin Lenschow

I think it blends quite well with Afflatus Chapter I from Strezov Sampling:

View attachment Afflatus and Cinebrass.mp3

0:00 Afflatus Lush Violas CS & CineBrass Core Solo Horn
0:13 Afflatus Lush Cellos & CineBrass Core Trombones Ens & BWW Clarinet
0:25 Afflatus Psychatto Low Strings & Cinebrass Core Trombones Ens
Additional reverb: RAUM by Native Instruments

wilifordmusic

What Libraries do blend well with the tonal comour of Cinebrass ?

Cinematic Studio String seems a bit to warm. Cine Strings might be an option since it was developed by the same company as CineBrass.
I know this seems like an obvious question, but why not CineStrings?

It was recorded in the same room, it was produced by a lot of the same people, and the GUI/work flow is the same. It should simplify your life in the future.

The only reason I can think of for using another library would be if you weren't happy with the way CineBrass works or sounds.

Oh, and with their current sale you could fill out your orchestra nicely.

Toecutter

Let's end this peacefully
CineStrings, it's an excellent library after the 1.4 update. Legatos are really smooth now, great shorts too! One of my fav strings, the only downside is the occasional hanging notes, I saw others having the same issue. I actually prefer it to CSS and Elite Strings (my main libs now) but the hanging notes make CineStrings too unreliable. Wish there was an explanation or solution.

Artemi

CineBrass Core instruments are rich with harmonics/overtones, the developers somehow managed to capture that at Sony stage with exceptional mic selection, and with a magic portion of luck actually.:)
You may want a string library with a minimal processing as possible, the particular ones are CineStrings and BerlinStrings. With Berlin the noise floor that comes naturally with recordings is actually separated with it's own mic, so you can add it to taste. With CineStrings it's on by default on all the recordings so you just have to enjoy it.:whistling:

Hope that helps, thanks!

Top Bottom