What's new

Cinebrass Bug

Actually no. Because you pay the money for a license of the audio files and they can't be sure that the customer deletes the files. You can't use it anymore in Kontakt, but remember, they are not selling Kontakt instruments. I also think they have to pay Native Instruments for every license when talking about Kontakt Player libraries.
I mean by buying their product and not just downloading it illegaly i kinda proved that i am a straight up customer and not to piracy. At the same time i kinda expect the products to work. I fulfilled my part of being loyal and willing to pay for all the work they have put into it. At the moment i paid hundreds of dollar for a product that does not work. I cant see a way of justifiyng that.......I have sent them 4 messages inn the past weeks and even offered them a screen sharing session so that they could fix my problem. They didnt even take thee time to respond. thats not how you want t deal with loyal customers.....

I have had hanging notes with Cinebrass as well and suffering through it. It is just interesting that despite occasional updates to the library, the hanging note problem has never been addressed.

Reactions: nik
I mean by buying their product and not just downloading it illegaly i kinda proved that i am a straight up customer and not to piracy. At the same time i kinda expect the products to work. I fulfilled my part of being loyal and willing to pay for all the work they have put into it. At the moment i paid hundreds of dollar for a product that does not work. I cant see a way of justifiyng that.......I have sent them 4 messages inn the past weeks and even offered them a screen sharing session so that they could fix my problem. They didnt even take thee time to respond. thats not how you want t deal with loyal customers.....
I agree with you. You should get better customer service and if the problem is not fixed, a full refund. But I really doubt you are gonna get your money back...

over the years I've come to accept that hanging notes is just one of those annoying things that we all have to deal with at some point. It's also one of those issues where you can pick out a specific library and find a few people have the issue, but many do not. Whether it's Hollywood Brass, CineBrass, Cinematic Studio Brass, they've all caused hanging notes for different people (including me).
But then one day... you upgrade your computer or do a fresh install of your OS, and suddenly a bunch of issues you used to have with those sample libraries are gone.
Until you experience it again.... with a completely different library.

Or am I the only one with an experience like that?

The question is really whether it is a bug for which Cinesamples are solely responsible for. I also have hanging notes with LASS but not with Spitfire (several libraries). It is a mystery that might involve Kontakt, DA, system etc. as well.
However, it would be nice if some developers would spend some energy into investigating the matter.

I occasionally get hanging notes with the trumpet patch - I forget which one and whether it's core or pro. Also with CS2 strings when moving notes around in the piano roll. I don't mind if a quick stop-start fixes the issue. It's when you have to unload and reload that it gets annoying....

I agree with you. You should get better customer service and if the problem is not fixed, a full refund. But I really doubt you are gonna get your money back...
Yeah i doubt it by now as well. At leats i know i am not gonna buy from them again....

I occasionally get hanging notes with the trumpet patch - I forget which one and whether it's core or pro. Also with CS2 strings when moving notes around in the piano roll. I don't mind if a quick stop-start fixes the issue. It's when you have to unload and reload that it gets annoying....
So the only thing that stops the hanging notes for me is when i purge samples.Cant do that everytime, its way to time consuming and annyoying...

Yeah i doubt it by now as well. At leats i know i am not gonna buy from them again....

well...not all their products are like that. Cinewinds sounds so much better after updates here and there. LAtest CineHarps sounds awesome as well but i do find the "Reverb" knob for CineHarps didnt seem to work. I've maxed the reverb but it doesnt get roomy. a bug perhaps? Not sure any other CineHarps owner care to clarify on this?

well...not all their products are like that. Cinewinds sounds so much better after updates here and there. LAtest CineHarps sounds awesome as well but i do find the "Reverb" knob for CineHarps didnt seem to work. I've maxed the reverb but it doesnt get roomy. a bug perhaps? Not sure any other CineHarps owner care to clarify on this?
Yeah i also have other products from them which i like, Cineharps and Handbells for example. But its the way they deal with customers....Not responding to emails because they dont want to deal with their buggy products....Come on

Yeah i also have other products from them which i like, Cineharps and Handbells for example. But its the way they deal with customers....Not responding to emails because they dont want to deal with their buggy products....Come on

but i think they're at least better than 8Dio. That's my experience. 8Dio's Adagio series suffers lots of recording issues. The noises, tuning issues and etc which they mentioned it as "realism" turns me off from their orchestral products. Sound design tools and percussions are alright though

Hey

i purchased Cinebrass this year and keep having the problem that some patches have stucked notes. So even if there are no midi notes it keeps playing. This seems to happen mostly with the true legato patches. It really makes it impossible to work for me. Anybody had this issue before?

So when i talked to Cinesamples they replied tellin me to batch resave and reinstall the newest version,, which i did . This did nnot fix the problem. They offered me a coupon but since i need a brass library there is no need for a coupon. I offered them a screen sharing session to fix my problem but they dont respond anymore. I feel like they either hav to fix my problem or return my money.
Really disappointed by their customer service.

Let me know if anybody has some suggestions.
All the best

Nik
I know i'm a little late, but i feel this should be addressed more fully. For anyone that might see this, the "notes hanging" thing with CineSamples's libraries (and some other ones too) where the notes end but keep playing even when the song is paused, is very likely a bug with the legato engine. This bug happens more proeminently with CineSamples CineBrass, but i've seen people complaining about this happening with CineStrings, CineWinds and even other libraries like Cinematic Studio Brass. I myself have encountered this bug a few times.

My guess as why this bug happens more with CS is because the engine that CS uses for legato is always calculating when you play a long note. Why? You see, you may have noticed that CS libraries don't have Sustained only patches, only Legato patches that can be turned on or off for Sustain, so every time you play a long note it will calculate for Legato by default. Some times, depeding on the notes you put down, the engine can go nuts and frick something up while calculating, and thats when the bug appears. There isn't exactly a "fix" for this bug but you can prevent it from being an annoyance by doing as follows:

As the bug is almost certainly a problem with the Legato engine, then just turning it off completely should solve the problem. If you want to use Legato however, then you can do differently: You can identify the notes which are hanging, and using your favorite automation method, turn off Legato while these notes play, and then turn it on again. This is what i do when i encounter this bug and it never failed me. This bug tend to appear during chords, so it's a good thumb rule to turn Legato off during chords that are not connected (connected i say cuz the poly legato thing). Speaking of it, i am not sure if the poly legato feature is somehow responsible for the bug happening with chords but you can experiment with it if you want. Maybe turning only the poly off solves the problem?

I hope this helps you somehow, cheers.

Last edited:
I know i'm a little late, but i feel this should be addressed more fully. For anyone that might see this, the "notes hanging" thing with CineSamples's libraries (and some other ones too) where the notes end but keep playing even when the song is paused, is very likely a bug with the legato engine. This bug happens more proeminently with CineSamples CineBrass, but i've seen people complaining about this happening with CineStrings, CineWinds and even other libraries like Cinematic Studio Brass. I myself have encountered this bug a few times.

My guess as why this bug happens more with CS is because the engine that CS uses for legato is always calculating when you play a long note. Why? You see, you may have noticed that CS libraries don't have Sustained only patches, only Legato patches that can be turned on or off for Sustain, so every time you play a long note it will calculate for Legato by default. Some times, depeding on the notes you put down, the engine can go nuts and frick something up while calculating, and thats when the bug appears. There isn't exactly a "fix" for this bug but you can prevent it from being an annoyance by doing as follows:

As the bug is almost certainly a problem with the Legato engine, then just turning it off completely should solve the problem. If you want to use Legato however, then you can do differently: You can identify the notes which are hanging, and using your favorite automation method, turn off Legato while these notes play, and then turn it on again. This is what i do when i encounter this bug and it never failed me. This bug tend to appear during chords, so it's a good thumb rule to turn Legato off during chords that are not connected (connected i say cuz the poly legato thing). Speaking of it, i am not sure if the poly legato feature is somehow responsible for the bug happening with chords but you can experiment with it if you want. Maybe turning only the poly off solves the problem?

I hope this helps you somehow, cheers.
Hi there! Rick here from the future! 1 April 2023. Picked up Cinebrass core and pro during this great Gli…Sale event. I was using the Solo trombone poly legato for chord writing and noticed a hanging note aswell. Sad to see people has this issue years ago ans it still seem to be present and especially on the trombones. Will make a ticket later but I doubt it will be fixed if it was reported a lot during 2019. Seems to probably be a issue of the poly legato engine as it doesn’t happen with Mono legato or legato off in my testing.

I also get the ocasinally 100% cpu spike which kills my performance

Top Bottom