Christopher Siu - Cinematic Demo Reel (2018)

Paul T McGraw

Awesome work Chris. Great demo reel. You have a lot of talent and certainly, deserve success. I sort of assume, not based on experience since I am a hobbyist, that networking is the key to getting work. You might have to work as an orchestrator or provide transcription / notation services to meet people. Anyway, I wish you great success. I love your videos.

OP
ChrisSiuMusic

ChrisSiuMusic

Awesome work Chris. Great demo reel. You have a lot of talent and certainly, deserve success. I sort of assume, not based on experience since I am a hobbyist, that networking is the key to getting work. You might have to work as an orchestrator or provide transcription / notation services to meet people. Anyway, I wish you great success. I love your videos.
Thank you so much Paul! That means a lot to me.

Indeed, networking is a must in this industry especially. That’s why I love this forum, as there are always new people looking for advice and those willing to share all they know. Funny that you mention orchestration/services, as that’s exactly what I’m doing at the moment as a freelancer. I appreciate the support!!

Time Macro review going up on Thursday. :dancer:

OP
ChrisSiuMusic

ChrisSiuMusic

very nice demo reel. only thing i wouldnt use is the disney animation without permission.
Thank you Marcel! The Disney animation was actually used as the basis of a competition, where each person had to compose a theme inspired by that intro and upload it to YouTube. I’m not sure if the original contest holder obtained the rights for all the composers who entered, but there we go :)