What's new

Christopher Siu - Chief Of The Sky (Official Audio)

ChrisSiuMusic

Hi composers! I hope you're having a wonderful day! Today I wanted to present to you something I've been working on for the past couple of months.

For the past year, I've been refining my composing and production style, experimenting with soft/emotional, adventure/fantasy, and cinematic/epic music.

This latest piece is a culmination of all 3 categories, and I cannot be more excited to share it with you. Entitled 'Chief Of The Sky', it was inspired by my love for superhero films growing up, and I hope that this piece inspires you in the same way these classic films did to me.

Without further ado, I would like to present: Chief Of The Sky. Please enjoy, and leave any feedback below if you would like! Thank you so much!

Amazing... how did you make this mixing? I'm struggling to create realistic sound and to have this "3d sound effect" (don't know what it's called)

It sounds very real/life-like. Almost, if not like a real orchestra.
How do you achieve this effect?

Amazing... how did you make this mixing? I'm struggling to create realistic sound and to have this "3d sound effect" (don't know what it's called)

It sounds very real/life-like. Almost, if not like a real orchestra.
How do you achieve this effect?
Thank you! It really comes down to a few things: volume balance between the tracks, height (instrument ranges), width (panning) and depth (reverb). Not to mention EQing the tracks so they sound clean and prevent any unnecessary buildup.

I will be doing a breakdown series of this track new week on my channel, so feel free to subscribe to be notified when it comes out!

Thank you! It really comes down to a few things: volume balance between the tracks, height (instrument ranges), width (panning) and depth (reverb). Not to mention EQing the tracks so they sound clean and prevent any unnecessary buildup.

I will be doing a breakdown series of this track new week on my channel, so feel free to subscribe to be notified when it comes out!

Thanks. I will look forward to this breakdown!

Hey Chris! Love what you did there it's a beautiful composition. Can't wait the breakdown! I wish you will show us how you programmed the brass section in the intro it sounds so realistic. I don't know how to reproduce this kind of lines with sample libraries.

Hi composers! I hope you're having a wonderful day! Today I wanted to present to you something I've been working on for the past couple of months.

For the past year, I've been refining my composing and production style, experimenting with soft/emotional, adventure/fantasy, and cinematic/epic music.

This latest piece is a culmination of all 3 categories, and I cannot be more excited to share it with you. Entitled 'Chief Of The Sky', it was inspired by my love for superhero films growing up, and I hope that this piece inspires you in the same way these classic films did to me.

Without further ado, I would like to present: Chief Of The Sky. Please enjoy, and leave any feedback below if you would like! Thank you so much!

Hey man, thank you for sharing your piece. I like the track. Well done. The A section is great. The only thing that could be a bit improved is the b Section actually. It feels a bit for me: Ok..I do that b thing but I didn´t put some love into it. :D Thats a bit nitopicky, however. Your finale is not making the track a real bigger final because you already wasted the big orchestration a way before that. And it doesn´t do any twist (which is style for me) which you could have done. Of course still an enjoyable track for sure and what I like is though you have all this epic percussion you maintain to write a good melody there with some cool orchestrations and production value trying not to shit on using the whole orchestral palette.

Hey Chris! Love what you did there it's a beautiful composition. Can't wait the breakdown! I wish you will show us how you programmed the brass section in the intro it sounds so realistic. I don't know how to reproduce this kind of lines with sample libraries.
Thank you Wassim!

Hey man, thank you for sharing your piece. I like the track. Well done. The A section is great. The only thing that could be a bit improved is the b Section actually. It feels a bit for me: Ok..I do that b thing but I didn´t put some love into it. :D Thats a bit nitopicky, however. Your finale is not making the track a real bigger final because you already wasted the big orchestration a way before that. And it doesn´t do any twist (which is style for me) which you could have done. Of course still an enjoyable track for sure and what I like is though you have all this epic percussion you maintain to write a good melody there with some cool orchestrations and production value trying not to shit on using the whole orchestral palette.
Hey Alexander, thanks for listening and for your feedback! Indeed, it wasn't easy thinking of how to contrast the beginning and the end enough for the finale to sound larger. The hardest part for me is always stripping down all the excess material to reveal the goodness inside :)

I'm curious, what kind of musical twists do you enjoy? I'd love to know!

Thanks again :)

Hey Alexander, thanks for listening and for your feedback! Indeed, it wasn't easy thinking of how to contrast the beginning and the end enough for the finale to sound larger. The hardest part for me is always stripping down all the excess material to reveal the goodness inside :)

I'm curious, what kind of musical twists do you enjoy? I'd love to know!

Thanks again :)

With twists I mean using Dissonances to add bite to your compositions. For instance a pedal tone which is not in the scale of what your are writing your melody and chords. It can add interest, but it is a thing which is not used anymore to effect. However good b sections are always not easy to do.

With twists I mean using Dissonances to add bite to your compositions. For instance a pedal tone which is not in the scale of what your are writing your melody and chords. It can add interest, but it is a thing which is not used anymore to effect. However good b sections are always not easy to do.
Got it. Thanks for the explanation!

Got it. Thanks for the explanation!

You know..the standards in that regards have moved drastically and I even experienced clients telling me not to do that because it sounds strange. No shit. I would call that sexy and interesting but the truth is that most of the part composers for media avoid that. so of course in most of the scores you don´t hear anymore biting melody tones against the harmonic frame or pedal tones creating polychordal structures. It is fucking boring for me because of my oldschoold taste. That has nothing to do with your track here..because I think it is a good work. It is just like a general statement and experience I have made and I just felt to give you more options and freedom.

This is not my "genre" of expertise but I think you met your goal as far as what you were shooting for. I actually liked the B section, it's very motion picture sounding to me, so yeah.

Two things:
1)In the B section, there is a lot on the beat. This of course spells out the chord changes, leading the listener by the hand, but I'm kinda craving an "and" in there somewhere. Countermelody/Bass on offbeats might have been nice.

2)Given the number of times the A theme was repeated, I think a modulation in the main theme somewhere besides E and F# could have been effective to.

Top Bottom