What's new

Christmas sales what you going to GET?

I passed on Spitfire Chamber Strings during the Black Friday sale, hoping for the usual Christmas Wishlist Discount.

Berlin was unexpected (bought the whole thing) so I will watch these holiday sales from the balcony with a 600mm blue laser telescope behind closed doors.

... well... I mean... you know... I might be forced to open the locked doors to get food and stuff :cautious:

Nothing. I wasted all my money on the November sale.
If I could I would just grab now Garritan CFX(it's on sale in case someone didn't noticed).

Olafur Arnalds Evo, at last! I held off buying anything for BF so might treat myself to some other bits if any take my fancy

Joshua Bell upgrade. I sent two emails during BF week to get the full version and received no response either time. I'll try again at Christmas if there is a deal on.

Nothing, I suppose. There are plenty of potentially great releases and deals, but I should make use of my recent bulk of acquisitions before stretching myself too thin.

The main release I was anticipating was Cinematic Studio Woodwinds, for example, but I should first get to know Berlin Woodwinds. I'm sure I'll eventually pick it up.

The main release I was anticipating was Cinematic Studio Woodwinds, for example, but I should first get to know Berlin Woodwinds. I'm sure I'll eventually pick it up.

I got had the assumption that BWW was end game for woods? :inlove:

I got had the assumption that BWW was end game for woods? :inlove:

Being serious about it, I don't think there's an "end game" for anything. I'm very much enjoying BWW, but if I'm working on a project that relies on CSB and CSS, CSW seems like a consideration. I'm awful at sitting libraries together, which is partially why I stuck with almost entirely EWQLSO for a long time.

But if I'm already trying to blend something like EWHO Strings and CineBrass together, I'm pretty excited to have BWW available.

Last edited:
Probably four more VSL vouchers so I'll be prepared for a couple of next year's VSL releases and sales. Other than that I expect 8Dio Deep Solo Bass to be released by Christmas. I think that'll be all. Maybe VSL has Synchron Percussion on sale.

After that I foresee doing more like a maintenance sort of purchases. This year I've bought enough samples to last me a lifetime.

Already looking forward to the EW OPUS update in Januari though - that's a good example of what I call a maintenance purchase. SSO Professional libs would be another.

One of the great advantages of having bowel cancer.

Not often one reads a post that starts in such a manner. If you ever get the chance to write a memoir, perhaps consider that as the opening line of the book ;)

Here's to your new lease of life :2thumbs:

Top Bottom