1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christian Henson's YouTube Channel - Final Piece Of The Jigsaw

Discussion in 'SAMPLECASTS, PODCASTS, VIDEOCASTS' started by christianhenson, May 8, 2017.

1. rottoy

rottoy Gentleman Scholar

May 12, 2013
    I think I found your special sauce.
    SpecialSauceHZ.png

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  2. Alex Fraser

Alex Fraser Senior Member

Jun 21, 2017
    Hey @christianhenson. As a previous advocate of old skool "separate-tracks-for-articulations" - have you had a chance to play with the Logic 10.4 articulation mapping thingy? Any thoughts?

3. khollister

khollister Senior Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Florida
    Some of my favorite scores you have done are not the big action blockbusters but stuff like Green Card, The Preacher's Wife, It's Complicated, The Holiday & Hidden Figures. I am also a huge fan of Interstellar precisely because the music isn't what the average person would expect a Zimmer sci-fi score to be, yet it still plays a huge part in setting the emotional feel of the film.

I never cease to be amazed at both the sheer volume and diversity of the films and music you are involved with along with the quality and integration of the "little bits" with the film, not the big bombastic bits.

I don't even think Hans sounds like Hans a lot of the time - at least according to what many around here think he sounds like ;)

Keith

Jaap likes this.
  4. blougui

blougui Senior Member

Nov 1, 2013
  5. synthpunk

synthpunk Senior Member

Mar 3, 2015
    The score to Rain Man was one of the reasons why I got into this.

Christian, too bad about Infinite Jets but perhaps it's just one of those pedals you need to plug a real guitar into (and Leo) to get the best out of.

Kyle Preston likes this.
  6. RRBE Sound

RRBE Sound Senior Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Denmark
    I am becoming addicted to this...!

7. blougui

blougui Senior Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Yup, I guess being kind of called a twat by one my favorite film composers and most listened to in all his variety for, what, 20 years, up there with Williams, Thomas Newman or Newton-Howard is something of, well an honnor ? :grin:

As a non native speaking english I was a tad warry my post would be, hum, misunderstood, as I was rather genuily"defending" Mr Henson assertion about the "journey more important than the destination" or "method as essential than the result" and composers trying to sound like the New Bold Zimmer whithout sharing his A to Z knowledge of the craft to achieve such a sound.

BTW, pling plong's The Weather Man never ceased to amaze me.

But hey, that's the Interweb...

8. blougui

blougui Senior Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Oh, and while I'm disclosing my fanboy side here, to my own disgrace, I must say how much I enjoy Mr Henson vlog : both tone (?) and editing and cinematography and, well, generosity and abundance.
    ps : "rant" has not the meaning I thought it had, ahah.Anyway...

9. fiestared

fiestared Senior Member

Aug 18, 2013
    And don't forget" Video killed the Radio Stars", when this thing arrived, it was like the Beatles are back, for me it's still in my BEST off with : A Whiter shade of Pale, Satisfaction, I'm not in love, God only knows, Good vibrations, all the Beatles, ELO, Earth Wind and Fire, J Brown, etc...

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  10. mc_deli

mc_deli n trepreneur

Feb 22, 2015
    Pitchfactor!

11. Valérie_D

Valérie_D Senior Member

I have been humming As Good As It Gets since I was 15, one of my favorite or yours!

jononotbono likes this.
  12. Symfoniq

Symfoniq Senior Member

May 8, 2013
    Driving Miss Daisy and Crimson Tide are permanently lodged in my humming device.

13. synthpunk

synthpunk Senior Member

Mar 3, 2015
    I don't see Hans responding or mentioning the Trevor Horn days much?

14. blougui

blougui Senior Member

Nov 1, 2013
    We're completely OT here but if you do some research, Mr Zimmer mentionned something like he was ripped off back in the early Buggles days.

synthpunk likes this.
  15. ghobii

ghobii Senior Member

Mar 14, 2017
    Hans Zimmer was in "Video Killed the Radio Star"?! That's hilarious!

16. AdamKmusic

AdamKmusic Senior Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Must be friends with Trevor Horn still though as he played with him last year I believe

17. Rctec

Rctec Senior Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Some of my very best friends are complete twats...and most the time I’m one, too! So welcome to the club of ludicrous assertions, profoundly unprofound and unproven theories, etc! We are hopefully Monty Python’s “The Pope and Michaelangelo’s” Michaelangelos. Now, there was a twat!

tav.one, Anders Wall, miket and 6 others like this.
  18. Daniel James

Daniel James Senior Member

Jan 9, 2008
    And for the yanks here its pronounced TwAt with a hard A (thats what makes it sound gritty) non of this 'twaaohwt' nonsence you lot say over here in the states.

-DJ

p.s I love that Hans is a German living in the US and is one of the most British people I know! barring Christian of course who i'm sure literally sweats tea haha

19. johnbusbymusic

johnbusbymusic Musician/Composer

Oct 10, 2016
    Mississippi
    Wait... there's an "a" in twot?
    must be silent

roknardin and jononotbono like this.
  20. Greg

Greg Senior Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Los Angeles