What's new

Christian Henson Gave Me His Mac Pro

Van

Long-time reader, new member here.

First, let me say I feel unworthy but extremely grateful. I hope he’s not tired of me spreading this all over social media, he very well may be, but perhaps it would be appreciated the most here on V.I.

The myth, the man, the legend, Christian Henson himself, is sending me his personal Mac Pro. I was scoping Black Friday sales on Spitfire’s site (disclaimer: total, unapologetic fanboy here with an empty wallet to prove it) and guess who was manning the support chat window but Christian himself! Like many of you, I’ve devoured and been inspired by his vlogs and think Spitfire is a top-flight class act so when I saw the name Christian in the chat window, I just had to ask if it was him. It was, which would have been awesome enough. I was looking at the Ton package, which he suggested as one of their favorites and it occurred to me that I had THE sample guy on the chat window so I went ahead and asked his opinion on going with a PC slave route vs a Mac Pro refurb, something I’ve long-debated but really don’t have the cash for anyway right now, and he replied:

IMG_3407.JPG

I didn’t think he was serious or that maybe a co-worker got ahold of his keyboard or something. I was in shock. My disbelief must have gotten old because he posted a link to his Titter account:

IMG_3408.PNG

So there you have it. I’m not sure how many people read the ‘new guy’ forum but please spread the word. I believe he did this as an example, a ‘put your money where your mouth is’ sort of thing. I’m floored, undeserving, über-appreciative, thrilled...

Anyone know his favorite American beer preferences?

Christian is the real MVP.

I've always regarded Spectrasonics and Sonokinetic as the ultimate dev-buddies out there, but Spitfire is rapidly becoming a serious contender for that title. What a class act.

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Van
Congrats and welcome to the forum mate! Christian is a class act...Now go and make some awesome music! :)

What a generous person he is. I've gotten into some tussles with him on Youtube comments --over politics and psychology-- but I've always respected him as a composer. This shows his heart. Class act.

Anyone know his favorite American beer preferences?
It's not american but I think he might like this one :grin:
IDShot_540x540.jpg

Hey guys! I've just got one stupid idea (based on @leon chevalier answer), but who knows, maybe we've got generous folks here too that will share my enthusiasm.

A lot of you will agree that Christian is a very inspiring guy, and, as we can see here, a very generous fellow too!

I've just created a money pot to gather a few euros from the vi-control community. The purpose: buy some good beers and sent them on our behalf to Spitfire for Christian (and his team if he's willing to share! :P)

Link below:
https://www.leetchi.com/c/some-beer-for-a-generous-fellow

I promise 100% of the money will go to him. If you don't trust me, just don't give but don't trash please.

I know some of us are already considered as fanboys, and buying (perhaps) way too many libraries... I also know that these YouTube videos are part of a pernicious marketing dedicated to make us buy more libraries. But eh, who cares, the man is really cool and shares so much with us that I think we could thank him in a different way.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your generosity!

@Mike Greene, I hope this isn't against the rules of the forum ; in any case, I won't mind if you delete the post if needed.

Top Bottom