1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choirs: Insolidus vs Dominus

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by MillsMixx, Nov 14, 2017.

1. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Yeah !!! Does have its effect. Likely going to StormChoirs2 crossgrade now. These choices are far away from 'major impact'.

2. WindcryMusic

WindcryMusic Senior Member

Oct 19, 2015
    I bought Insolidus last week, since I've no wife to answer to (both fortunately and unfortunately), and for the most part I like the library very much. I'm a little puzzled by the tempo sync of the 3 syllable arcs seemingly being to a dotted quarter note rather than a half note as I would have expected, but thus far I've made it work. The arcs and multisyllables do indeed sound awesome when changing notes in mid-stream, and in general I am finding the samples with their much more restrained vibrato (as compared to many libraries) very useful.

Polkasound likes this.
  3. quantum7

quantum7 1 more year until I turn 50...then it's all over.

My wife has never really complained yet, but I do wonder if she ever thinks, “another sample library?” LOL. Insolidus is still a pricey library even with my 50% V8P discount though, but I’m sure I will be happy with it, as the 8dio videos really impressed me. Other than perhaps strings, I think I’ve spent more money on choirs than anything else. The human voice is the greatest instrument ever created IMO.

Polkasound and WindcryMusic like this.
  4. Ultraxenon

Ultraxenon Senior Member

Sep 15, 2015
    Sande
    Just bought Insolidus to:) and so far im very happy with it. The transition between notes when playing syllables are just amazing. The sound in general fits my kind of composing very good. This is a lyrical choir, you dont want to buy it for the ahh and ohh's, but it is still quite flexibel i think. I also tried to combine Insolidus with Olympus and it works(not that you need both in layer:) It is the sounding choir i ever heard and i think this will be in a lot of my tracks in the future. (i am v8p, but didn't get 50% on this library, 40% is also pretty good price)

Polkasound likes this.
  5. foxby

foxby Active Member

May 15, 2016
    Hello,
    Has anyone tried to play the Dominus choir at 80 bpm? I am curious to hear how legato performs at that tempo and lower.
    In my case, even at 85 BPM, I get kind some kind of volume ramps when I play words with (or more than) 4 syllables..

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  6. tim727

tim727 Senior Member

Nov 21, 2017
    In case anyone sees foxby's post above and gets concerned, he evidently found a simple resolution to his issue after contacting Paolo from Fluffy Audio ... so it seems that there is not actually an issue with the library at the tempos listed. That thread can be viewed here: https://vi-control.net/community/threads/dominus-choir-annoyance.66730/

Just figured I'd link that thread here in case someone saw foxby's post and erroneously thought the lib had an issue which it in fact did not.