What's new

Strezov Choir Summer GRAND FINALE: Flash Sale on all updated Choirs //ends Aug 24

Damn! Just made the mistake of listening to Rhodope 2. Demos remind me of the sound of "Marauders Arrive" from John Powell's Han Solo score. Guess I'll be purchasing Rhodope 2 in addition to Arva to complete my set. :)
It's the same choir I think - live recorded of course. Strezov did the sessions.
oops, sorry - ain't helping you holding back :P

What about Wotan + Freyja? Do they complete each other? Do they belong in the same "range" or are they completely different products? Can they both do soft?

Disappointed to hear Storm Choir Ultimate isn't included, but appreciate the advance warning so that we can make more informed choices. I too would be interested in hearing how Wotan + Freyja might work together as a sort of alternative to the SCU package.

What about Wotan + Freyja? Do they complete each other? Do they belong in the same "range" or are they completely different products? Can they both do soft?
They all compliment each other in tone and range, male, female and children. they can do very quiet and loud. there are some very good 'shouts' in wotan too (which can be achieved in programming a full velocity note in the syllable patch as well)

The syllable builder GUI is really great and all the libs are the same, you can export a phrase build into other choirs. attack and release curve faders are helpful too.

heres a quick export so you can hear the dynamics, soft/loud riding the mod wheel in the main syllable builder patch, (keep in mind there are lots of patches, legatos, divisions, clusters, whispers and shouts etc...) I haven't edited anything and its rather quiet with no mastering, be warned there's a shout midway through which is LOUD if you turned up your volume :)

Attachments

• WOTANdynamics.mp3
    787.8 KB · Views: 218
They all compliment each other in tone and range, male, female and children. they can do very quiet and loud. there are some very good 'shouts' in wotan too (which can be achieved in programming a full velocity note in the syllable patch as well)

The syllable builder GUI is really great and all the libs are the same, you can export a phrase build into other choirs. attack and release curve faders are helpful too.

heres a quick export so you can hear the dynamics, soft/loud riding the mod wheel in the main syllable builder patch, (keep in mind there are lots of patches, legatos, divisions, clusters, whispers and shouts etc...) I haven't edited anything and its rather quiet with no mastering, be warned there's a shout midway through which is LOUD if you turned up your volume :)
Thank you for doing this! It sounds so great, so organic! And it's "naked", no "cheating" here! It's just excellent out of the box! This little demo was so convincing! I am bursting with GAS now!

But what am I supposed to eat next month? Grass? Stones? Ants?

Thks Strezov .. Brill will look out and get the others in the set then .. can you think about doing the Tropar and Storm 1 on a special discount bundle as well if you are not thinking or offering Storm Ultimate at discount this year.. even if only to members on here ... if you dont ask you dont get.

Thank you for doing this! It sounds so great, so organic! And it's "naked", no "cheating" here! It's just excellent out of the box! This little demo was so convincing! I am bursting with GAS now!

But what am I supposed to eat next month? Grass? Stones? Ants?
Grass is on the menu!

No worries, yes very raw, i would spend more time building syllables and editing the Attack curves too. It does need to be 'played' if you know what i mean, you could program it poorly and it will sound fake (like any sample library) they have amazing tutorials that show all the features which are a must.

honestly, you're going to want all of them if you liked this one! Freyja and arva are both stunning and jaw dropping.

Grass is on the menu!
Being a vegetarian or vegan has many advantages in the end...

Oh I know about Freyja, all the demos / walkthroughs out there are excellent (including the softer style of singing)! For now I will have to skip Arva for sure (a children's choir is not my priority) but it's good to know that all 3 are made with a similar "point of view / programming / interface"!

I will see if I can save money this week (and the next) for the 2 more "important" choirs (male and female). At the price of 165 EUR each (with the Kontakt Player license included!) it's too good to be missed! Meanwhile, this evening I will try to eat some grass to see if I can get used to it...

Sure! The following choirs will be part of our summer special:

• Rhodope 2 Ethnic Bulgarian Choir
  • Arva Children Choir
  • Freyja Female Choir
  • Wotan Male Choir
You say "sure" but I want to point out that it's not so sure for many other devs who like to keep the featured deals a secret. I appreciate your honesty about the sale and what people can expect. Helps people with a limited budget to really think about what to do.

That does sound great! Thanks for posting it.

Having bought JADE, with its super Mongolian voices, I am now a huge fan of Strezov choir, so will have to puzzle whether to get some / all.

[note: I have received free products from Strezov Sampling]

its the only way to get them all within a budget after spending too much already .... Wotan does sound good though

Another question about the performance patch (I'm not finding an answer in the internet): is it possible to choose what syllabe to start with using some keyswitch or maybe some CC?

From what I'm seing it is only possible by using mouse clicking.

Another question about the performance patch (I'm not finding an answer in the internet): is it possible to choose what syllabe to start with using some keyswitch or maybe some CC?

From what I'm seing it is only possible by using mouse clicking.
There is a single key switch that will reset the position to whichever syllable you have selected from said mouse click.

Wow, this thread made me discover Rhodope. I hadn't seen that library before. Really impressive! But even more importantly: I now discovered Le Mystere des Voix Bulgares and Bulgarian choir music in general. I am absolutely astonished! Soooo beautiful!

Wow, this thread made me discover Rhodope. I hadn't seen that library before. Really impressive! But even more importantly: I now discovered Le Mystere des Voix Bulgares and Bulgarian choir music in general. I am absolutely astonished! Soooo beautiful!

Besides choir work in Ghost in the Shell (you have to check it out if you've never heard it before, music from the original 1995 and 2004 movies!), one of my favorite piece using (or inspired by, in the case of GitS) bulgarian choirs:

Top Bottom