Choir sample "newbie" considering Cinesamples' Voxos 2 - good idea?

xanderscores

I've rarely used choir before and if so then the ones included in the VI Special Edition.
Now I feel it's time to upgrade.

After watching a few product videos, I was especially impressed with Voxos 2. Why? Because of
* the auto voice-leading feature spreading chords between the different sections
* the offset-feature which seems to be making the library really playable
* the word builder which appears as simple and intuitive as can be
* the dynamics which I found very convincing, but as I said I'm no pro here.

It would be my first Cinesamples library, so I'm still hesitating, and there's also the price:
With $500 I could probably afford any other choir library instead - choices, choices.

So, if you could spend that money on a choir library, would you buy Voxo2?
Why/why not?

Polkasound

A couple years ago, I did a lot of research and narrowed down all the available choir choices to the one that would work best for me, which was Voxos 2. The two main reasons I settled on Voxos 2 are the overall sound and the intuitive GUI. I didn't want to be stifled by prerecorded arc phrases, put off by too many separate nki files, or bogged down with too many phrase-building parameters. I wanted a highly playable and flexible library that covered all the general choir bases.

One thing to note is that the louder dynamics were apparently recorded at a later session and added to Voxos to make Voxos 2. So when you crossfade between the medium and louder dynamic layers, the overall tone changes a little more than you'd expect, but in a mix it all works just fine.

Voxos 2 has traditionally gone on sale a few times a year for 30% off, and 40% off around Black Friday. (The lowest I ever saw it was a special Native Instruments vocal bundle sale earlier this year where it was priced at 50% off.)

I haven't yet needed it on a recording project, but I'm looking forward to when I will.

I've rarely used choir before and if so then the ones included in the VI Special Edition.
Now I feel it's time to upgrade.

After watching a few product videos, I was especially impressed with Voxos 2. Why? Because of
* the auto voice-leading feature spreading chords between the different sections
* the offset-feature which seems to be making the library really playable
* the word builder which appears as simple and intuitive as can be
* the dynamics which I found very convincing, but as I said I'm no pro here.

It would be my first Cinesamples library, so I'm still hesitating, and there's also the price:
With $500 I could probably afford any other choir library instead - choices, choices.

So, if you could spend that money on a choir library, would you buy Voxo2?
Why/why not?
There is Performance samples Oceania at -60%. Very good and easy to use choir library. a must for epic stuff :2thumbs:

OP
xanderscores

xanderscores

Wow, Oceania sounds amazing - for $79 incredible!!
I've yet to do some research on its engine, but from what I'm listening to right now I'll probably go with it. Thanks a lot!!