What's new

Choir for new age ambient ?

TomislavEP

I remember the revolution that synth was :)
I wasn't fond of its sounds back then, but they've aged well.
Both fluid and etheral, I'm sure they would do!
I've had Korg M1 whilst still in school in the late 90's. That was also the time when I've got hooked up with the new age genre and the sounds and presets found on M1 and Roland D-50 are probably among the most used ones in this style.

BTW, I've remembered two more libraries from my personal collection that could be interesting to you: Sonic Forest and Sonic Ocean from Impact Soundworks. I've even read a review somewhere which described the sounds within them as a kind of homage to M1 and D50.

OP
Fredeke

Fredeke

I've had Korg M1 whilst still in school in the late 90's. That was also the time when I've got hooked up with the new age genre and the sounds and presets found on M1 and Roland D-50 are probably among the most used ones in this style.
Enya made a lot of new age songs with the D50.

I had (and still have) the budget version: the D10. Not very good in its attempts at imitating the D50 (so definitely not for new age), in fact not very good in general, but it has a few sounds that I still find unmatchable (for example: its kickdrum :)).

BTW, I've remembered two more libraries from my personal collection that could be interesting to you: Sonic Forest and Sonic Ocean from Impact Soundworks. I've even read a review somewhere which described the sounds within them as a kind of homage to M1 and D50.
I'll be sure to check them out.

i do find 8dio Free Angels Instrument could fit well. Bestservice forest kingdom 2, epic world,cantus,desert winds, era vocal codex and anything done by Eduardo Tarilonte might fit this very well. they aslo have omnisphere2 from spectrasonic which i think is a must for ambient stuff, it offers almost everything in one package. heavyocity vocalise and ethera are incredible for the prices. you also have audio imperia merethe soltvedt for amazing legato voice which is probably the best sounding one out there in my opinion.

TomislavEP

i do find 8dio Free Angels Instrument could fit well.
Thank you for bringing this particular library to my attention. I've heard of it before mainly because it's one of the most affordable titles from 8dio's portfolio, but I've didn't watched any walkthrough or did a more extensive study of it thus far. From what I've briefly read on the official site, this could be a perfect addition to my library and I might purchase it in due time, especially if they launch a sale.

Thank you for bringing this particular library to my attention. I've heard of it before mainly because it's one of the most affordable titles from 8dio's portfolio, but I've didn't watched any walkthrough or did a more extensive study of it thus far. From what I've briefly read on the official site, this could be a perfect addition to my library and I might purchase it in due time, especially if they launch a sale.
Also would consider some sound fx.

Big fish audio offer a good variaty

Cinetools tranquillity, epic nature loops, laya project ambience, Spark, studiobox mark 3, xtreme FX, Background trax, Ambient White, Aethers 01. they are loops and waves but doesnt mean its bad because its waves. altho i do not own most of them but they are all wish list. Also the dronair stuff is amazing! i own one and i am very pleased with it specially if you get them on special at around 30$ a library.

soundsidea is also good for background fx and hollywood hedge stuff.

i got to mention also the reverb 2C breeze 2 for ambient stuff. its the best thing i have ever got for rever FX. I use this for orchestral and ambient

Last edited:

MillsMixx

Production Director/Sound Designer
I'm such a choir fanatic as I own just about all of them and honestly with a little finesse you can get all of them to work with Ambient New age. I agree that Eric Whiticare comes to mind the most with the way Spitfire has designed their choir.
This new video is a great example of how to think outside the box and how use these kind of tools in a unique and beautiful way for stuff like that.

Top Bottom