What's new

Choir for new age ambient ?

TomislavEP

I remember the revolution that synth was :)
I wasn't fond of its sounds back then, but they've aged well.
Both fluid and etheral, I'm sure they would do!
I've had Korg M1 whilst still in school in the late 90's. That was also the time when I've got hooked up with the new age genre and the sounds and presets found on M1 and Roland D-50 are probably among the most used ones in this style.

BTW, I've remembered two more libraries from my personal collection that could be interesting to you: Sonic Forest and Sonic Ocean from Impact Soundworks. I've even read a review somewhere which described the sounds within them as a kind of homage to M1 and D50.

OP
Fredeke

Fredeke

I've had Korg M1 whilst still in school in the late 90's. That was also the time when I've got hooked up with the new age genre and the sounds and presets found on M1 and Roland D-50 are probably among the most used ones in this style.
Enya made a lot of new age songs with the D50.

I had (and still have) the budget version: the D10. Not very good in its attempts at imitating the D50 (so definitely not for new age), in fact not very good in general, but it has a few sounds that I still find unmatchable (for example: its kickdrum :)).

BTW, I've remembered two more libraries from my personal collection that could be interesting to you: Sonic Forest and Sonic Ocean from Impact Soundworks. I've even read a review somewhere which described the sounds within them as a kind of homage to M1 and D50.
I'll be sure to check them out.

Top Bottom