What's new

Chimeric Metal

Neudzulab

Hello to everyone! I am a beginner VI composer. As an Autodidact, I am striving to thrive on every subject. I'm currently working on creating my own genre of music. I publish my compositions on Youtube. This is my new hobby. Your opinions?

Last edited:
Hej man,
How about posting your tracks in the members composition section?;)

Anyways..you ask for feedback. You will get it.

Well, I listened not to all the tracks in detail but one thing I noticed throughout every piece: I loose interest in the music after a while because its very repetitive and doesn´t excite me at all. There are even parts in your tracks which are total nonsensical musical ideas for my ear. Soundwise most of the pieces sound somehow dated. Programming is below standard. Monetarising value..I am afraid, but look out for the markets standards and whats beeing licensed. I am sorry to say but you should go and learn more and write first better pieces before trying to invent new genres which I find also not clever when the results like here being representative for the rest of your work. The suggestions you got are imo not good either. My suggestion: Learn and write better music first. Learn from the pros. Forget your youtube channel for a while and sitdown and learn and improve. Then lets say in 2 years, go back to your youtube channel and present hopefully better music.
And look I have no agenda dumbing down your music but I feel I need to tell you some sort of pretty straight comment here because I think the music is really not making a point at all, random and very hard to follow.

Last edited:
Thank you for your suggestions. I prefer to develop myself by producing. I know it's different music. I strive every day for the better. Maybe one day to make music for everyone's ear:) Of course I'm trying to find out. Or I would not come to this forum :)

might be time to bust out pen and paper and get away from anything that can automatically playback any music you put into it. I can't help but feel like this reminds me of when people who don't know anything about music are introduced to finale/ect and click and drag notes around. If there's one common thread here, is that it feels like every note is an accident.

might be time for you to focus on picking up a real instrument and making something with it. There isn't a sample library in the world that'll suddenly make you write something coherent and with purpose. So take a step back from the digital realm, and you'll likely go 2 steps foward.

I'm the one who doesn't know anything about music:) Yeah, I don't know, I'm at the top of the road, but I have feelings. I want to convey what's inside and what I feel. Doesn't creation require chaos? If everyone insisted on going the same way, who would have discovered the dark forests.

I'm the one who doesn't know anything about music:) Yeah, I don't know, I'm at the top of the road, but I have feelings. I want to convey what's inside and what I feel. Doesn't creation require chaos? If everyone insisted on going the same way, who would have discovered the dark forests.
the whole point of creating music is to create an experience that is empathetically relatable for the listener.

If you can't make something relatable the chaos doesn't mean anything - because there was no baseline of stability established. Nothing wrong with being self taught, but there is a bare minimum amount of fluency if you want to make effective music.

Creation requires dedication, love, hard work and CONTROL. Those great ones in music history always had control and a plan what they wanted to tell through their music. Not just hitting random keys what creates cat walking over a piano. I butt myself out at that point because I gave you valid feedback and a very clear direction. And that is not coming from a beginner but from a working composer with some experience.
Please listen also to Profound Silence because he nails it and I take it even further: Chaos without control and any purpose is absolute nonsense and it confuses the audience and nothing more. I am not saying stop doing it, but if you want to improve I would simply advice at this point: Stop doing what you did so far and start all over again at the very basics of music composition. AND I MEAN: THE ABSOLUTE BASICS.:geek:

Last edited:
There are thousands of defined and unnamed emotions. There are songs made for them. Maybe there's somebody who is my sympathy somewhere, and we intersect the same feelings. If conventional music does not address these feelings, isn't there something else good? With millions of fluid music:)

No one wants to keep you from artistically expressing what you want in whatever way you want, but you specifically asked "whether they may have monetary value" and the brutal truth is "likely no". The music market is insanely competitive and the demand for "very unique" styles is fairly low.

You've been given good advice on how to change that if you want to. If this would make you unhappy, I suggest you don't do that and focus your money making efforts on something else and keep music as a hobby. That's what I do.

I listened to a few, not all. I do like crazy off the wall stuff.

There's something in each one of the songs I like, but as Alexander said there's isn't enough to keep listeners hooked. Maybe try adding a few of them together instead of creating a new track per idea?
Quality over quantity.

I get a B movie horror type vibe, so maybe pair them up with weird videos. Probably help you with this style of music

First off all i would like to thank you for comment. Secondly your suggestion about using good parts from each song and making one good song with them is a good idea and it can increase the chance of the song. But i make song according to a theme and they have a story. And there is a emotion in that story. Further i go away from that emotion the furter i go away from idea and i cannot go back from it. But if i could meet some one who can make mixing and masterings part then things can be different for me. Thank you again.

Looking at what Alexander said. I changed the song with a few new ideas to break the repetition and catch the audience. I tried to solve the inconsistency that ProtaundSilence said with toning and effects. This is the current version of the Lokman song.

Listened to two tracks.
I understand the critique and true words therein.
Reminded me of tunes when I started with the midi-thing.
It's fascinating to let all those sounds go ahead in a sequencer - and change a bits!
Though some velocities / progessions are missing / being too hard as it is. So could some get the feelings / impressions as above by others. Not fleshed out.

I enjoyed the two tracks though. Something is missing, but something is there.

50% is enough for me now :) The flow problem is probably caused by density. Masters know better. I listened to steampunk songs Robo Rivard said. I'd better brake myself a little bit. I'il try it on the next song.

Top Bottom