What's new

Chillbot's guide to all n00b questions.

Must learn to complain about legato every time a new library is released.
Must also learn to accept that the vast majority of legato is and will continue to be sub-optimal at best, and in most cases unusable, for the rest of our simulation 😔

From @Double Helix via PM:

6. Do I have to pay any attention whatsoever to anything a VI-C member posts? No, but you're screwing yourself.

I would agree but amend this to:

6. Do I have to pay any attention whatsoever to anything a VI-C member posts? No, but consider the source.

And not to say I'm worthy or anyone specifically is worthy, just consider the post history and source and take it into account. Anonymous posts such as myself are super sketchy.

CHILLBOT'S LIST OF SELF-SCREWERY

1. Do I have to move to LA (or London, NY, etc)? No, but you're screwing yourself.

2. Do I have to learn music theory? No, but you're screwing yourself.

3. Do I have to learn to play piano? No, but you're screwing yourself.

4a. Do I have to buy Omnisphere? No, but you're screwing yourself.

4b. Do I have to buy Kontakt? No, but you're screwing yourself.

5. Do I have to have a sub? No, but you're screwing yourself.

That's really all there is to it, nothing more to discuss here.
You forgot: does library x work nicely with library y?

Only one I'm not totally on board with is Omni. I'm rarely satisfied with it. I spend way too long slogging through endless sounds that aren't what I'm looking for. Part of what i look for in samples is the ability to open it up and feel like i know exactly what I'll get out of it and how to achieve it. Can't seem to get to that point with Omni.

Only one I'm not totally on board with is Omni. I'm rarely satisfied with it. I spend way too long slogging through endless sounds that aren't what I'm looking for. Part of what i look for in samples is the ability to open it up and feel like i know exactly what I'll get out of it and how to achieve it. Can't seem to get to that point with Omni.
You could sell it. However, eventually (and sure as night follows day) you'll realise that in doing so you did indeed screw yourself.

Last edited:
I used to feel that way - there's a lot in there that is very high bandwidth, or has way too much going on, or really loud, so it doesn't fit in a mix. There are a lot of great things in there, it just takes a while to find it. The patches from The Unfinished though are great for scoring and have a really high hit rate for me.

Top Bottom