What's new

Cheesegrater mac is back!

project catalyst will enable ipad apps work in mac catalina.

well.. i think thats about it. now they went into augmented reality and more catalina.

pretty impressive so far. even though it would of been cool to have this a few years ago. i thought they would of gone with a new CPU.

woww, they seem to have nailed it so far. Completely unexpected givin their recent track history. Curious to see the youtube reviews start rolling in..

I'll save up for it and eventually get it. Like someone said, I'm super happy they didn't go for some "cheap" options on it. I'm guessing it is user upgradeable on many things, although I don't hear them saying that specifically (seemed to be implied a lot though).

I'll save up for it and eventually get it. Like someone said, I'm super happy they didn't go for some "cheap" options on it. I'm guessing it is user upgradeable on many things, although I don't hear them saying that specifically (seemed to be implied a lot though).

the ram was def upgradable. not sure the cpu. and heavy emphasis on the video upgrades.

u kknow... they didnt touch on that.. yet. i guess. but they said a similar HP computer would be $8k so they knew poeple would think the old "in pc is cheaper" we wont know for sure until benchmarks come in though.
Yes they said it uses a Xeon chip.

I can't afford this new MacPro anytime soon though...sheesh..starting at $6k and I'm sure a fully configured unit is going to be $10k
It's going to be a LOT more than that. A fully specced iMac Pro is $16k and 256GB of RAM is already a >$5k upgrade. With up to 1.5TB of RAM, multiple GFX cards, Afterburner and who knows how much SSD storage, it's going to cost an eye watering amount - comfortably into TENS of thousands!

Top Bottom