features so far:

up to 28 cores.

1.5tb of ram!?

8 pcie slots

(some video stuff i dont care about)

1.4kw power supply

Wheels :/

6hd pro tools card can be installed.

logic pro presentation with 1000 audio + 1000 sample instruments playing at the same time within logic.
on 58 cores.

price: TBD

Last edited:
starting at $6k (made a jab at similar pc components in HP being 8k for similar intro configuration. )
intro config is 8 core and 32 gb ram.
( i guess context benchamrks would be needed to confirm but cool so far)_

does it still use intel cpus? ive been reading apple wanted to ditch intel and use own cpus. would be bad for my hackintosh ;)

the logic presention was interesting with so many tracks all inside logic all playing fine. benchmark seems through the roof.

and the pro tools cards... basically post prodcution audio studios can mix a movie like avengers with one computer.

does it still use intel cpus? ive been reading apple wanted to ditch intel and use own cpus. would be bad for my hackintosh ;)

u kknow... they didnt touch on that.. yet. i guess. but they said a similar HP computer would be $8k so they knew poeple would think the old "in pc is cheaper" we wont know for sure until benchmarks come in though.

I'm extremely happy they put PCIe slots back. That means I can commit to OSX for another decade. I can't afford this new MacPro anytime soon though...sheesh..starting at $6k and I'm sure a fully configured unit is going to be $10k, plus if you want the new display...well do the math. It will be a while for me... but at least I know Apple is back on the PCIe train, which for me is really a major thing...well done Apple.

I couldn't afford the 5,1 MacPro when it came out either..hehe.

Sweet Jesus. I love the fact that it is unashamedly, eye-waveringly expensive. Means that no compromises have been made (still cheaper than an equivalent bitsa PC though I suspect). 30" high-NIT HDR display for $5K is actually a bargain.

oh man.. i think i my old 5,1 mac was about 5k back in the day and then added memory and upgraded cpu ... yet i still have it and its pretty good still even after 10 years...

screentime now on mac OS. ....

im sure VI-control will appear there :)

Top Bottom