What's new

Cheapest way to get Komplete 12?

okay

I received an email from NI with a discount code to get Komplete 12 Select for 99€.
If I then upgrade to Komplete 12, it'd cost me an additional 399€.
So basically I'd spend 498€ in total for Komplete 12 instead of 599€

Should I get Select for 99€ and then upgrade or should I wait until Black Friday?
Is it even worth it to buy Select now, or should I wait for Black Friday, too?
What would be the cheapest way to get Komplete 12?

Once in a blue moon someone here sells komplete 10 or 11 dirt cheap.....then wait for a half price update sale.

Other then that.....good luck..

In past, NI has had major 'Summer' promos, usually offering Komplete libraries at large discounts.
I am owner of K11U and awaiting this promo to update to K12U … perhaps Collector's Edition.
If you can wait a month or so, this would be ideal. No guarantees 2019 will repeat past tho …..:unsure:

:crying: :sad: if so.
Just purchased Ethera Gold, and sol so far using. K5 won't run it and K6 Player Batch re-save hanging. :sleep:

:crying: :sad: if so.
Just purchased Ethera Gold, and sol so far using. K5 won't run it and K6 Player Batch re-save hanging. :sleep:
Ethera Gold requires the full version of K6. ETA: That's why I'm not purchasing Ethera Gold until KU12 goes on sale.

Especially since NI is extremely late in delivering Massive X, it wouldn't surprise me if they do something different this summer in terms of sales.

Besides Zebra 3, that's the only synth I'd still be interested in checking out (I have a ton of synths, rarely use them anymore).

Massive was great imo, love the sound, got used to the workflow, etc.

In past, NI has had major 'Summer' promos, usually offering Komplete libraries at large discounts.
I am owner of K11U and awaiting this promo to update to K12U … perhaps Collector's Edition.
If you can wait a month or so, this would be ideal. No guarantees 2019 will repeat past tho …..:unsure:
From what I understand, he has no version of Komplete yet. So the Summer sale for upgrades is not good if you don't own at least some version of Komplete to start with.

Have you tried logging into your NI account to see if you're entitled to a crossgrade? Sometimes this is possible if you own a "player" library. If NI have a crossgrade/upgrade summer sale, then perhaps you could "crossgrade" to Kontakt and then onto Komplete.
A

Too bad you couldn't get the old versions like 9 Ultimate. It's the last I bought and nothing at all has convinced me to upgrade since.

That said, Komplete Ultimate has got some great tools that I wouldn't do without.

Log into your account to see what their current offer is. Last "Komplete" I got was 6, so I should have had to pay $199 then $599 to get to 12 Ultimate, but they ended up giving it to me for $599. It's also worth an email to them!

Like many others did or are doing, I didn’t rush to buy K6 when it first came out, but after ending up with new libraries that didn’t work very well in the free K6 player, I finally caved and spent the $99 US. No regrets because I already have KU 11 and have no need of KU 12 AND K 6 also comes with some useful additional libraries such as Hybrid Keys. One could wait and wait until NI decides to offer sale prices, but for me who has so many Kontakt libraries, I felt investing in the newer K6 was a wise purchase. Since then I’ve had no regrets. Each person is different though with different needs. As far as upgrading to KU 12 though, because of cost it may indeed be worthwhile waiting for that elusive ‘summer’ or fall sale.
And re. Ethera Gold, there certainly are numerous warnings on the Zero-G site that K6 is required and that Gold will only work in the Player for 15 minutes in demo mode, so I sincerely hope no one here will miss that. Soundiron’s Adey, which is also a K6 library, does work in the player, but seems to work better in the full version. And an SI “Adey” purchase also provides a way to crossgrade to the full version of K6....or so it states at the Soundiron web site! Just some thoughts.

Last edited:
Okay, I just got an email for 12 Select for $99! Using supplied coupon code.

Um, the upgrade price is $99 since I have KU11. How is this supposed to be a deal?

Edit: And it doesn't even give me Kontakt 6. So, not worth it.

Okay, I just got an email for 12 Select for $99! Using supplied coupon code.

Um, the upgrade price is $99 since I have KU11. How is this supposed to be a deal?

Edit: And it doesn't even give me Kontakt 6. So, not worth it.
I think the offer is aimed at those without any version of Komplete. Maybe to get them warmed up for any upcoming summer sale and an up-sell to Komplete full. ;)

I think the offer is aimed at those without any version of Komplete. Maybe to get them warmed up for any upcoming summer sale and an up-sell to Komplete full. ;)
I understand that. What I don't understand is why they would send it to the email related to an account that has most of the products mentioned and qualifies for the upgrade price anyway.

Though something may be wrong with their system as they don't show I qualify for any upgrade at the moment. :confused:

I understand that. What I don't understand is why they would send it to the email related to an account that has most of the products mentioned and qualifies for the upgrade price anyway.

Though something may be wrong with their system as they don't show I qualify for any upgrade at the moment. :confused:
I was having the same issue earlier today, but it's now displaying correctly. Do we qualify for $99 upgrade on Kontakt 6 if we own Kontakt through KU11? If so, once we upgrade to KU 12 or higher, would we be able to sell the extra Kontakt 6 license even though it was bought as an upgrade?

Top Bottom