What's new

Cheapest way to get chamber pizz

bryla

I'm contemplating buying ProjectSAM Swing Pack but found that it lacks pizz for violins/violas.

Don't want to buy a completely new library just for the pizzes so I'm looking for the cheapest way to get a chamber size pizz to complement Swing More.

LASS Full is currently on sale for $557 so that is out of the question to get divisions to pizz.
VSL SE vol. 2 will be €105
Spitfire Studio Strings are €199

Any more options in this or lower price range?

OP
bryla

bryla

Bump btw:
I have CineStrings, Albion One and the Embertone Bundle. I plan to use Embertone to create small ensembles but I need some variation in the violins.

lucor

The thing with Hyperion is that it only has 2 round robins. Which depending on the material could be no problem at all or a very big one.

muk

Nothin' cheaper than that.
But there is! If you really only need pizzicati, get the Sonivox Orchestral Companion Strings. 4$ from Pluginboutique. The long articulations are absolutely dreadful. No dynamic crossfading at all. But the shorts should be good, given that they are derived from the Sonic Implants Symphonic Strings. I don't know how many round robins it has, though.

For something more comprehensive, Light & Sound Chamber Strings is an excellent choice.

OP
bryla

bryla

Thanks guys! @muk Forgot I had the Sonivox! That will definitely help in variation and indeed it is fine, though not that dry and close I would like. Maybe I could get around that.

Not really convinced by anything I've heard on the Light and Sound CS but Hyperion Micro Strings seems like a no-brainer! You're are right that 2 RR's can make a difference or it might not, but adding it to the arsenal seems like a good idea. I'm curious though how dry it can get. Do you know that @Gerbil?

OP
bryla

bryla

Didn't know about that! Sounds like a great product – however the section sizes might be too big, the sound too wet and not broken into sections so I don't know how high the violas and cellos will go into the violins. But definitely a library to have in mind for other times! Thanks :)

EDIT: And special thanks for pointing me to Strezov! Cornucopia 2 might just be the one :)

hawpri

This may be wrong, but doesn't LASS only have 2xRR on pizz? I'm out of town for a bit and can't easily check individual patches.

MA-Simon

This may be wrong, but doesn't LASS only have 2xRR on pizz? I'm out of town for a bit and can't easily check individual patches.
Just looked that up in Lass light. You are right! However there is some neighboring rr scripting going on, so it sounds like more (5-6) to me.

Top Bottom