1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Characterful soft piano sounds - like Una Corda

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by DarkestShadow, Feb 14, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    DarkestShadow

DarkestShadow Senior Member

I'm in germany. Aaand... don't know what a goodwill is. :crying:

2. synthpunk

synthpunk Senior Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Thrift stores...

"Rot-Kreuz-Laden" is one I remember from my touring years. But there are tons around, just search for "Second Hand Laden" or "Gebrauchtwarenladen".

Also, Find a local piano shop, and make friends. Sometimes if you show your serious, they will give you weekly/monthly payments on something used.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    DarkestShadow likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    DarkestShadow

Ah, second hand - got it. :)

synthpunk likes this.
  4. Josh Richman

Josh Richman Senior Member

Feb 25, 2017
    NI Una Corda is a killer instrument. This is must, wait till a holiday sale for NI or get Komplete it's packaged in it.

5. OP
    OP
    DarkestShadow

I think I'm gonna have to shoot it before. :P But the pack price is tempting...

6. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Senior Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Here is that Christian Henson free felt piano thingy. I seem to have made several attempts at a Kontakt shell for it.

7. OP
    OP
    DarkestShadow

bigcat1969 likes this.
  8. Fleer

Fleer No Method

Dec 12, 2014
    Boston/Cambridge
    Soundiron’s Emotional Piano and OrangeTreeSamples’ Rosewood Grand would be good for this kind of soft, subdued sound.

DarkestShadow, CGR and Sears Poncho like this.
  9. Greg

Greg Senior Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Los Angeles
    My Piano by Fluffy Audio is a good one too. I like combining a lot of the pianos mentioned here to get a nice fat stereo image.

10. Fleer

Fleer No Method

Dec 12, 2014
    Boston/Cambridge
    Also, some interesting flavors @ Sampletekk, who also did those famous Nord piano presets: www.sampletekk.com

11. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Senior Member

Nov 12, 2013
  12. Garry

Garry Senior Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    I have a big problem since installing this. I had initially installed the other version you put on another thread, which worked fine. However, immediately after putting the Triple Felt folder into my Shared folder, where my other instruments are located, Logic no longer works! When I try to open it, it hangs, saying: "Updating information about Audio Unit plug-ins...". It then takes around 10 mins for Logic to load (usually loads in <5 secs), and then reports 2 errors: error initialising core midi, and midi not available. At first, I was able to resolve the problem yesterday by first opening Kontakt - after that, Logic opened fine, so I deleted by initial reply to report this. However, for some reason today, the problem is back, and now Kontakt won't open either.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this? I have deleted the folder from my Shared folder, but still the same problem.

My system is currently unusable.

13. Garry

Garry Senior Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    Now resolved - however, I would suggest the file be removed so that others don't have the same problem. In case anyone does run into the same problem, I resolved it my deleting and reinstalling my midi drivers from MacHD/Library/Audio/Midi Drivers. Hope this helps.

14. TigerTheFrog

TigerTheFrog Senior Member

Nov 18, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    Death Piano has a name that isn't exactly right IMO. You can get weird sound design stuff from it, but it also can make very beautiful sounds. And it is designed like a "synth" with two piano "oscillators," so you can make your own presets.

As you say that money is an issue, you should watch the Production Voices site for sales. Maybe get on their list or follow them on Twitter or Facebook. The full price is $79.00 and it is now on sale for $39.00. I bought it for $19.00.

15. Ned Bouhalassa

Ned Bouhalassa Senior Member

Sep 30, 2004
    Keyscape has a nice bunch of muted patches, both in the original and the Keyscape Creative set for Omnisphere.

16. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Senior Member

Nov 12, 2013
    I wanted to publicly apologize to Garry. I have no idea what could have caused this. I pulled the shells for the triple felt and playel pianos.

Sears Poncho and Garry like this.
  17. Garry

Garry Senior Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    Kind of you to apologise, but you were only trying to help the community, so no need to do so. Thanks for your efforts, and hope you manage to find the problem.

bigcat1969 and Sears Poncho like this.
  18. husselblum

husselblum Active Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Just to let you know: Both the Playel and the Triple Felt v.3 are working fine here, thanks a lot for both Kontakt Instruments!
    I'm on Cubase and Win 10 here though.

bigcat1969 likes this.
  19. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Senior Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Thanks for the heads up. Computers have so many working parts and configurations it can be difficult to tell what is causing problems on one type of computer. Hum I wonder how the freebie instrument scene on the PS4 looks! ;)

husselblum likes this.
  20. willbedford

willbedford Composer/Programmer

Nov 16, 2014
    Huddersfield
    Check out the new Woodchester Piano library from fracture sounds. It has a warm, delicate sound that might be exactly what you're looking for :)
    http://fracturesounds.com/product/woodchester-piano/