What's new

Channel Robot update Orchestral Dust to V1.5

Lindon

VST/AU Developer
So for everyone hanging out for the Orchestral Dust VSTBuzz deal next month, here's some good news:

MainVoices.png

Channel Robot announce the immediate availability of Orchestral Dust 1.5 for Kontakt 5.8.1 (full)+

Orchestral Dust 1.5 retains all the sample set from 1.0 and adds the following:

- A new wider, more spacious GUI layout
- Simplified granular controls with intelligent parameter management to allow faster access to usable and useful sounds
- A tweaked AGRA(granular) engine to be better suited to the orchestral sounds contained here
- The addition of 4 effects slots per voice, with each slot populated from a set of 20 different effects.
- 90 new convolution spaces
- Additional "Octave Models"
- Assignable CC for swell and fade control
- "Walk" function for ever changing output.
- Voice Browser with select-able "favouriting"

Available now from www.channelrobot.com

Great :) . GUI looks really marvellous (think that should be said after all this BS floating round...)

EDIT: after looking into the video, it might sound strange, but (for me) this really does a lot emotionally wanting to use this library. The new LOOKS like Orchestral Dust......

Already there on kontakthub :)

This is really a big and interesting update.

But I must admit I am a little speechless after only using it for a few minutes now.

Apart from the video I would definitely need a manual for this, there are so much possibilities and options that do not open up intuitively for me (for example how the scene snapshots and cross scene modulation works, or drift/humanisation or the modulation, what does the different models mean.....so many functions, I really need something to look this up if I need to).

The GUI is very beautiful, well structured but very complex (thats one of the points where I just cant decide from first look how I feel about it) and definitely totally different from evrything I have seen from Channel Robot before.

I love the clear structure, the source browser is a good example, but then I am not sure if the different parts of the menues/with the associated fonts/colours/places are really the definite solution (at least if this should be the prototype for all Channel Robot stuff to come). For example I really have to look to find the soundsources, the font is so small and I automatically concentrated on the "highlighted" middle menu, small things, but in addition make the feeling how comfortable you feel with it in the end.

The mixed emotion maybe could be summed up (and I am far from decision after only first look): will I be able to use this GUI as it is supposed to be used to exploid all that is possible with this library with nearly endless possibilities ? It felt like something is on its way but may not have come to the end so far.

But I really have to thank you Lindon for this big, big update, this could as well be sold as a 2.0 or at least payed upgrade. I am sure this will animate lots of people for the vstbuzz deal, it well deserves it :)

Thanks KarlHeinz, I will take on board all you say - the fonts are pretty much out of my control in Kontakt 5.8.1

Hi Lindon,

thanks for the manual. Is it intended that you can only see/download if you are locked in ? Otherwise link leads to "forbidden".

Thanks, works now. Thats really helpful especially for the scene creation and setting up the control tab for example.

Top Bottom