What's new

Channel Robot announce KeyTone for Kontakt

Lindon

VST/AU Developer
KeytoneOverviewPage.png

Channel Robot announce the immediate release of KeyTone for the full version of Kontkat 5.8.1+. Keytone is a dual voice keyboard sounds ROMpler. Our starting point was that the world doesn't need another multi-gig multi-sampled grand piano ROMpler, nor does it need more Rhodes or Whirlitzer instruments. Those bases are pretty much covered. Instead we wanted to make a quick and easy-to-use ROMpler that would let you define your own unique piano/keys sounds.

There are the over 200 instruments sampled and included in KeyTone these were meticulously recorded, edited and mastered using Channel Robot's analogue valve based system, including passing each sound through our dedicated 1970's Akai valve pre-amp and then copying everything through our Revox B77 tape machine loaded with vintage (but pristine) British Zonal 675 tape. It's a long, slow process but the resulting sounds are worth it.

Setting up and using new sounds in KeyTone couldn't be simpler - We spent a long time refining the Voice Randomisation engine to the point where new and interesting sounds are just one click (of the Voice Randomising button) away.

We also added the all-new Overview tab so getting to the most important controls is quick and easy, but we kept all the detailed control in KeyTone, with "classic" synthesis controls, like envelopes and filters, for sculpting and shaping modern innovative and original sounds quickly and efficiently. You can find these in the Detail tab. On top of these controls KeyTone comes with over 200 snapshots of full-instrument sounds, in the following categories:

- Atmospheres
- Distortions
- Electrics
- Gated
- Organs
- Pads
- Utilities

As well as these there are over 100 voice-presets, 30 gate presets, and 50 ARP presets.

Also included is Channel Robot's innovative ARP/seq page and multi-mode gate system, as well as the usual 4-slot send effects and 4-slots per voice in-line effects.

Requires Kontakt 5.8.1+ full-version

Demo Version available at: https://channelrobot.com/free-stuff/

List price £50.00 now on intro-special of £30.00

Purchase from:
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/keytone-by-channel-robot
https://www.kontakthub.com/product/key-tone-kontakt/

Audio Demos:

Overview Video:

After discussion lately in here about demo limitations I wonder if this:

Here’s the list of downloadable demos of our products. Demos have the following restrictions: After 15 minutes they begin to play intermittently – ignoring midi note in and curtailing the audio every few seconds.

All the functionality and all the snapshots are included, but only one or sometimes two octaves of audio are included. Saving the instrument and reloading it will make the product jump to its on/off state but you can save snapshots and these will be loadable into the full version of the product.

means you have combined both restrictions or not updated the description text ?

unpacking error with winrar and 7zip:
upload_2019-5-27_13-58-17.png
Seems there are packed files inside the package, maybe that causes the problems. I will wait before downloading again cause the download seems to be o.k.

Extracted folders have only "Data" and "keytone samples", no instruments

After discussion lately in here about demo limitations I wonder if this:

means you have combined both restrictions or not updated the description text ?
Yes the demos act as described - 15 mins of two octaves of sounds - which start to degrade thereafter...

unpacking error with winrar and 7zip:
upload_2019-5-27_13-58-17.png
Seems there are packed files inside the package, maybe that causes the problems. I will wait before downloading again cause the download seems to be o.k.

Extracted folders have only "Data" and "keytone samples", no instruments
Hmm that's strange - they seem to be working here... let me check....

..yeah something broken on the server, wait a minute I will re-upload the demo version...

Last edited:
O.k., this one is really nice to play around with, randomizers working nice, you have to get into this a little (lots of windows for a kontakt lib) but really lots of possibilities. And "my" beloved SARP is included :). Is it intended that there are no snapshots in the demo ? Folder is empty. And one more question (maybe only cause I dont have the snapshots): why snapshots if you got an internal preset system ? Difference ?

O.k., this one is really nice to play around with, randomizers working nice, you have to get into this a little (lots of windows for a kontakt lib) but really lots of possibilities. And "my" beloved SARP is included :). Is it intended that there are no snapshots in the demo ? Folder is empty. And one more question (maybe only cause I dont have the snapshots): why snapshots if you got an internal preset system ? Difference ?
OK so presets vs snapshots.

Snapshots are just that - a picture of the whole instrument.

Presets: there are a couple of different types of presets in KeyTone:

- Voice Presets (on the overview page) these are just the voice parameters, so you can swap voices whilst keeping all the fx, gate and arp settings as they were...
- Arp presets - just the arp
- Gate presets - just the gates

O.k., so the overview presets are not meant to be for the voices they load automatically only but as a "playground" for trying out different voices.

Found the Arp-presets but where are the Gate presets ? And, again, intended to have no snapshots with the demo ?

--ops yeah mia culpa - we took the gate presets out last minute - sorry for setting expectation.

Snapshots - there will be video walkthrus of the snapshots here soon - and the snapshots for the category will be available then.

The first of the Audio walkthrus of snapshots - here the "electric" category - This category is based around Electric Piano sounds - some of them quite unique. These are the first 20 snapshots, in order, no modifications or cherry-picking. The audio has a very light compression on it that's all. There are 63 snapshots in this category in total.

-- The KeyTone Demo download now features all the snapshots.

Last edited:
OK the next set of the Audio walkthrus of snapshots - here the "distortion" category - This category is based around distortion sounds (duh) - again some of them quite unique. These are the first 20 snapshots, in order, no modifications or cherry-picking. The audio has a very light compression on it that's all. There are 36 snapshots in this category in total.

OK the next set of the Audio walkthrus of snapshots - here we have the "Organs" category - This category is based on and predominately uses the many organs we sampled. As usual, these are the first 20 snapshots, in order, no modifications or cherry-picking. The audio has a very light compression on it that's all. There are 23 snapshots in this category in total.

Top Bottom