What's new

Changed workflow, composed this on paper and in Sibelius

klawire

I felt that composing primarily in DAW (after making a rough idea in my head) didn't really work for me since I tended to spend too much time translating the sounds in my head to notes and fiddling with sounds in DAW - usually I had forgotten my original idea 15 mins into starting work in DAW.

This time I wrote the rough idea on paper and arranged and orchestrated it in Sibelius. I used EWQLSO for this since it's light on resources and works nicely with Sibelius. I enjoyed working primarily in Sibelius way more than orchestrating in DAW and I couldn't have imagined composing and orchestrating almost 4 minutes of music in a day. Of course it will be a pain to bring this to DAW to create the final production...

Anyway, I'd love to hear your feedback on this composition. :thumbsup:

BlackDorito

Of course it will be a pain to bring this to DAW to create the final production...
No it won't, because ... there is a handy free plug-in for that. You run the plug-in once and it outputs an audio file for each staff/instrument in Sibelius. Then, if you use Reaper, you can import each file to a separate track in one operation.

OP
K

klawire

Thanks for listening and for the feedback! Memorable melodies have never been my strong suit and I should work on it for sure.

Glad to hear you found something you liked in this piece. :)

Top Bottom