1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CFX Lite upgrade

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by jon wayne, Oct 12, 2017.

1. jon wayne

jon wayne Senior Member

Oct 4, 2005
    Is there an upgrade path to the full version? I actually love the lite version, but wondered if anyone has benefited by having the full version. I wish I had bought this 4 pianos ago!
    storyteller likes this.
  2. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Not sure, but seems like it may depend on where you purchased LITE. I am still pondering which to start with, as not wanting to pay penalty for Upgrade. You might check B&H Photo price for FULL version if you do not find acceptable Upgrade. It has been cheaper than other sources.

Garritan site seems to indicate 'no-penalty' Upgrade, assuming one purchased LITE from them @ $79.95
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  3. dbudde

dbudde Senior Member

Jun 22, 2006
  4. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Cool point !! Saw this earlier, but did not follow thru and click 'TRADE UP' button.
    Kudos to makemusic /Garritan if only S/N required for $99. Upgrade. :thumbsup:
    chasmanian likes this.
  5. chapbot

chapbot omnivore

Feb 7, 2017
    "Note: Garritan CFX Full is too large to be downloaded. This trade up is for physical media." LOL
  6. AllanH

AllanH Senior Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Central Coast California
    FWIW, the full CFX is incredible. It also has the slowest load time of any instrument I have :sleep:
    chasmanian likes this.
  7. prodigalson

prodigalson Senior Member

Nov 14, 2013
    For me, the the full version of CFX is the main reason to own it. It is a stunningly beautiful piano, fantastically sampled in a large, pretty ambient scoring stage. The only other piano I can think of that is recorded in a similar environment is the HZ Piano by Spitfire and for me, that is just not sampled/or programmed as well. That can also sound lovely in certain scenarios but the CFX is just a lot more playable. The extra mic positions and variety of tonal presets make it a really versatile piano but where it shines is as a beautifully sampled orchestral scoring piano.
    chasmanian likes this.