What's new

Century Strings User Examples/Demos

I purchased the bundle and am yet to fully explore the Sordino side of things.

It's a beautiful library but I do struggle with the Legato note transitions from time to time, mainly in the 1st and 2nd violins. I get an effect during note transitions like it's 'catching' the end of the last note before going into the next, creating a sort of jump and it stands out to me quite a bit when it happens. I've not really noticed this in other peoples demos so maybe I'm focusing on it too much..

I understand the library is velocity based and there are speed and legato volume controls but I've found that even when playing super carefully and tweaking with the controls, I still find it a bit hard to manage and it's a sound that sticks out to me. It doesn't happen all of the time but enough that I have to spend a lot of time going over things to get it to my liking.

I know this library is supposed to be super detailed so perhaps what I am hearing is a normal effect of the bow changing direction or something else that I'm not clued up on! (It happens a lot on long note transitions)

Anyway, other than that, I like it a lot, just need to get used to it. :)

It's a beautiful library but I do struggle with the Legato note transitions from time to time, mainly in the 1st and 2nd violins. I get an effect during note transitions like it's 'catching' the end of the last note before going into the next, creating a sort of jump and it stands out to me quite a bit when it happens. I've not really noticed this in other peoples demos so maybe I'm focusing on it too much..

I understand the library is velocity based and there are speed and legato volume controls but I've found that even when playing super carefully and tweaking with the controls, I still find it a bit hard to manage and it's a sound that sticks out to me. It doesn't happen all of the time but enough that I have to spend a lot of time going over things to get it to my liking.

I know this library is supposed to be super detailed so perhaps what I am hearing is a normal effect of the bow changing direction or something else that I'm not clued up on! (It happens a lot on long note transitions)

It's bow-change legato which sadly you can't do much about. try to reduce the legato volume and increase its speed bit by bit until you may reach a less spiky transition

I'd be interested to hear an example of the jumps/catching, if you are able to post a tiny snippet.

It's bow-change legato which sadly you can't do much about. try to reduce the legato volume and increase its speed bit by bit until you may reach a less spiky transition
Many libraries seem to go the bow change route. Seems that it's a better/more realistic legato? At least it's what Cinesamples said why. I personally don't think we should be stuck with just one type...that in itself, is unrealistic.

Last edited:
Many libraries seem to go the box change route. Seems that it's a better/more realistic legato?
I personally find that it's a really bad idea...I mean really...like in "how to ruin a whole library"! It can be nice to have as a bonus, but the essential one should be fingered legato which sounds more natural...or at least not screaming out "hey look! I am a legato!" whith every single transition like how the bow change does

Top Bottom