What's new

Century strings sale? Maybe?

I think 8dio is keeping the big products for the big sales. They had the century brass on special sale during the 8th Aniversary sale. But for the weekly stuff they often use the unknown libraries.

I think 8dio is keeping the big products for the big sales. They had the century brass on special sale during the 8th Aniversary sale. But for the weekly stuff they often use the unknown libraries.
Yeah, I think I got the brass during that sale. Ok thanks.

Out of curiosity, how would you describe the differences between Century Strings, Anthology Strings, and Intimate Studio Strings? What do they each bring to the table? Asking as someone who already has SCS, SStS, Albion One, and all the Embertone solo strings...

Great prices at 8DIO...Great libraries....but i had to download manually because their downloader app NEVER works......starts and 10 seconds later always stops.....
Have you the same problem or is it Windows 8.1 .?..

Great prices at 8DIO...Great libraries....but i had to download manually because their downloader app NEVER works......starts and 10 seconds later always stops.....
Downloaded Century Brass bundle using downloader on Mac... no issues.

Last edited:

Never had any problems and I have used it alot (Win 10)

Out of curiosity, how would you describe the differences between Century Strings, Anthology Strings, and Intimate Studio Strings? What do they each bring to the table? Asking as someone who already has SCS, SStS, Albion One, and all the Embertone solo strings...

Anthology (The new one) are the biggest "blurriest" strings of them all. Biggest size if you use the full ensemble. It has a nice array of articulations and was my bread and butter library for some time.

Century is smaller in size and has a bigger range of articulations. It also has Violine 1 and 2 sperated, which I really like. They have a nice definition and are really consistent in my opinion.

Intimate Studio Strings are something completly different. I havent used them much jet, as there was nothing I needed them really for. They are super dry, so good for mixing in with other stuff. Nice customisation as you can pick the amount of players.

So do you need them if you have SCS, SStS and Embertone? If you want more options: Yes. Will they bring anything new to the table? Besides recorded Sordino with the Century strings not really. But we all love new libraries, dont we?

I think this might be the month I get Century Brass to match my Century Strings Collection :)

But in other news... where on earth are those Century Woodwinds??? :blush:
I adore those Solo Colin O'Maley woodwinds and I am excited to know what they can do with Full Winds!
I have Infinite Woodwinds now (since Century seems to be nowhere to be found)... but I would like the full Century Collection.

Developers always seem to wait until last on Woodwinds (perhaps thanks to music that now evicts them)
But I personally, love the sound of Woodwinds

I think this might be the month I get Century Brass to match my Century Strings Collection :)

But in other news... where on earth are those Century Woodwinds??? :blush:
I adore those Solo Colin O'Maley woodwinds and I am excited to know what they can do with Full Winds!
I have Infinite Woodwinds now (since Century seems to be nowhere to be found)... but I would like the full Century Collection.

Developers always seem to wait until last on Woodwinds (perhaps thanks to music that now evicts them)
But I personally, love the sound of Woodwinds

So I chatted with 8dio Support a few weeks back and they confirmed, that Century Woodwinds will come! I am really excited about those to complete my colletion.

How do you like century brass compared to other brass libraries? I've been toying with the idea of getting some libraries for each section instead of the current "All in One" packages i am using, and Century Brass seems like a pretty good choice for the brass part. Others i've considered are Hollywood Brass, Cinematic Studio Brass and Spitfire Studio Brass.

So I chatted with 8dio Support a few weeks back and they confirmed, that Century Woodwinds will come!

And the bible says Jesus will come back too, and although I 100% believe he will come back, I have no idea what day or even year that will happen....same goes for Century Woodwinds.

8Dio has not even given a realistic estimate....and if that timeline is anything like the 2.0. update for Century strings and brass....dont hold your breath waiting.

Top Bottom