Catalina now?

BassClef

I have a simple hardware setup: iMac, 4 core 4.0 Ghz i7, 32 GB ram, Focusrite Clarett 2Pre-USB interface, Nectar Panorama P6 keyboard controller. this hardware is fully compatible with Catalina. Software: Daw is Logic, I have many plugin libraries, mostly in full Kontakt 6.0. Now that Native Instruments has stated that they are fully compatible with Catalina (except for a few old legacy hardware items) is there reason for me NOT to upgrade to Catalina. My only non-Kontakt libraries are with East West, XLN Audio, Spitfire Labs and Spitfire SA Recording. Could some of my libraries not work with Catalina? Has anyone heard from East West lately?

Lindon

VST/AU Developer
if you dont have a compelling reason to do the upgrade, my recommendation as a developer is wait....being 6-12 months behind the OS curve is no bad thing in my experience. YMMV.

Shubus

if you dont have a compelling reason to do the upgrade, my recommendation as a developer is wait....being 6-12 months behind the OS curve is no bad thing in my experience. YMMV.
I couldn't agree more! Not to mention that an upgrade is going to disable a lot of 32 bit apps that I actively use.

MarcelM

play crashed for me quite a few times when i loaded a project in logic pro x and catalina.

i went back to high sierra. wont upgrade anytime soon. simply dont see a reason.

jbuhler

Not planning to move to Catalina any time soon. Too much software that needs replacing. Speaking of which is there an easy way to turn off those dumb pop ups telling me that such and such program won’t work under Catalina? Every time there is a security update I get the full run of them presented to me again. I’ve already turned off the Catalina notices via terminal.