1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Casey Stone - Mixer for "We Are Marshall"

Discussion in 'Post Production & Mixing Discussion' started by patrick76, Sep 9, 2017.

1. patrick76

patrick76 Senior Member

Nov 23, 2014
    Somehow I have not heard of this guy until now. I really liked the sound of the theme from "We Are Marshall" by Christophe Beck so I looked up who did the mix and was interested to see it was Casey Stone. He gets a very nice sound. To me it is open, clear, and somewhat close without sounding harsh. I ordered the cd (Varese Sarabande) on ebay because it appears to be out of print in the U.S. Does anyone have any other recommendations on cds to get with great sounding mixes by him? Thanks

2. sourcefor

sourcefor Senior Member

May 1, 2011
    Frozen, Tower Heist

patrick76 likes this.
  3. mcblocha

mcblocha New Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Everything Chris Beck

patrick76 likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    patrick76

patrick76 Senior Member

Nov 23, 2014
    Thanks, those mixes do sound great!

5. Scoremixer

Scoremixer Member

Apr 22, 2017
    Have assisted Casey a few times over the years, I remember him checking out the room with a cue from Tower Heist and thinking how good it sounded!

Edge of Tomorrow would be another good one, very different from a typical Chris Beck score. He's also been John Ottman's mixer for a long time.

patrick76 likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    patrick76

patrick76 Senior Member

Nov 23, 2014
    Wow, that's pretty cool. That must have been fun and interesting.

Thanks for the recommendation, I will definitely check it out. I am noticing he has some different sounds. I think my favorites are the ones that have a certain closeness about them. I guess you could call it a modern style.

7. sourcefor

sourcefor Senior Member

May 1, 2011
    I wonder if he mixes in the box or analog or both??? Anyone know?

8. Scoremixer

Scoremixer Member

Apr 22, 2017
    A few years ago it was hybrid of digital console, a couple of choice pieces of analogue and doing a lot of the nitty gritty in protools. I'd imagine like everyone these days it's migrating more and more to entirely in the box. Cb did have a euphonix in his room, not sure if he still does.

sourcefor likes this.