Can't post a new thread :(

Discussion in 'Questions about the new site? Ask here!' started by pulsedownloader, Apr 25, 2018.

1. pulsedownloader

pulsedownloader New Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Everytime I post a new thread I get his message:

Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

I can't even post the content here that I'm trying to post, but basically it has a link to our website, and some images in it. Any ideas?

creativeforge likes this.
  2. fretti

fretti Senior Member

Maybe new members can‘t start threads with pictures and links. Post a few things in other threads and see if it works then.
    Could be for security reasons that your first message can‘t be a completely new thread...

3. OP
    OP
    pulsedownloader

pulsedownloader New Member

Mar 29, 2018
    OK thanks, I'll give that a go and also post on a few threads too :)

4. creativeforge

creativeforge Barefoot Heart Music

Yes, new members need to have posted at least 3 posts before they can posts URLs.

Welcome!

Regards,

Andre

fretti likes this.
  5. Mike Greene

Mike Greene Administrator

It's a spam prevention thing, so robots can't create new accounts and post spam links. I think the setting is that you need three posts to get link-posting abilities. Knock on wood, the policy seems to work, so we're keeping things as they are.

Admittedly, this measure is a problem from time to time, because new companies often don't already have a posting history before their debut announcement. FWIW, we can artificially bump your post count in those cases. Not necessary in your case, since you're already good to go, but in case other companies read this, send us an email and we'll bump your count.

creativeforge and fretti like this.