What's new

Can't load .NKI in Komplete Kontrol Stand Alone that I'm sure used to load

kevjazz

I’ve recently been updating a ton of instruments from Spitfire in my Komplete Kontrol. Some of these are not strictly NKS but do respond to it. Others are not NKS responsive but are NKI files and should be available on the User side of KK and should load and play. Unfortunately, one of these instruments, Spitfire Audio Orchestral Grand, which I haven’t touched in years, not only can’t be browsed to using KK, when I tried to load the NKI file, I got a cannot load plugin message. This makes no sense because, as I said, it’s an NKI and should at least load. All my other non NKS Spitfire things, like Union Chapel Organ, load and show up in the Kontakt User side. What’s going on?

In another case, Spitfire Percussion, a library which is not NKS but does respond to it, loads up on the User side of KK but some of the patches have four versions one after the other and three out of four of these will yield the cannot open plug message. Weirder still, if I try to delete these using a right click on Windows, KK warns me first and then, after I’ve said OK to the delete, says one item(s) can’t be deleted because it’s part of a containing folder. I have no idea how to fix this. I’ve even tried completely rebuilding the entire database. This took some two hours. And, while it reduced the duplicates from three to 1, and the number of duplicated file names from six or so to maybe two or three, I can’t eradicate the problem entirely and don’t know what to do.

Thoughts?

davidson

You're using the files tab to access the nki in kk right? Yeah, orchestral grand and several other older spitfire libraries wont open via files for some reason. I asked spitfire cs about it and it's just the way it is basically. You'll have to open kontakt in edit view (in kk) and open them via its browser.

Btw, orchestral grand was never an nks or kontakt player library.

OP
K

kevjazz

I just tried to open Edit View in KK Stand Alone and it was greyed out and unavailable. why? Can't find Edit View when opening KK as a plug within Reaper.
Just rebuilt my Komplete Kontrol.db3 file over two + hours and it was smaller than the previous with Spitfire Percussion outright missing from User Side. this is a hot mess, folks.

OP
K

kevjazz

I've just tried batch re-saving Orchestral Grand and that has done nothing vis-a-vis KK. I have th original file that I can put back if I want.

OP
K

kevjazz

Well, I've been through a lot and some how, I've managed, through a combination of bath re-saving and database rebuilding to eliminate the duplications in Spitfire Percussion and to find Orchestral Grand. I've also restored the typing of a free Kawai Grand Piano that was part of my library and somehow slipped through the cracks but is now where I can find it again. Now, all I have to do is assign some controls to these Kawai pianos so they respond to KK. A bit of a PITA but one and done.

davidson

I just tried to open Edit View in KK Stand Alone and it was greyed out and unavailable. why? Can't find Edit View when opening KK as a plug within Reaper.
Just rebuilt my Komplete Kontrol.db3 file over two + hours and it was smaller than the previous with Spitfire Percussion outright missing from User Side. this is a hot mess, folks.
So if you add an instance of kontakt in kk, then go to the dropdown -> view, you don't see this?

1617958204292.png

Like I said, orchestral grand wont appear in kk or kontakt library panels as it isnt either nks or a kontakt player library, you need to open it via the file browser.

Top Bottom