What's new

SAURON - The DAW All Media Composers Must Learn???

Nathan's Cribs video made me ridiculously jealous! I would *not* mind a studio built around an organ.

It's very satisfying to hear how much of an investment he has in the roots of film music, and in its current state, too.

Just wanted to stop by to thank you for coming up with this Pianobook series. It made me sample my parent's piano and to my own surprise is sounds actually quite nice.

But boy, the amount of work necessary to sample, edit, re-sample, and edit again, de-noising, turning it into a Kontakt instrument, figuring out the scripting engine, and finishing the whole thing of is just crazy :shocked:

In the end I realized I completely forgot to record some pedal-up samples as well. Now, that silence is quite disturbing so I will have to go and record that as well.

I hope your team built a nice dev-ui / workflow for your in-house sampler that is much easier to use and automates some of the stuff that you have to go through when doing this inside Kontakt. There is clearly room for improvement in that Kontakt dev-department.

Hi all,
Does anyone know where I could buy the conductor orchestral score that Paul has on his desk, I like this big one format.
Thank you for your answers
Patrick from France
ps: sorry for my bad English.

Hi all,
Does anyone know where I could buy the conductor orchestral score that Paul has on his desk, I like this big one format.
Thank you for your answers
Patrick from France
ps: sorry for my bad English.
I found a PDF on Scribd. Then just take the file to a print shop and ask them to bind it for you (or do it at home):

I guess there might be a published printed version somewhere?

[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much Zedcars, for your answer.
I had already seen this score on Scribd, but I would like to know if it can be found on the market in the same large format (Orchestral conductor) that is more readable and more convenient than A4 format.
The ideal would be to ask the question to Paul Thomson ?
If anyone has any information, I would be happy
Many thaks
Patrick

I had already seen this score on Scribd, but I would like to know if it can be found on the market in the same large format (Orchestral conductor) that is more readable and more convenient than A4 format.
Many thaks
Patrick
@paulthomson Can you advise please?

Many thaks
Patrick

He mentioned it in the video:

It's part of the materials you got from the Steven Scott Smalley Orchestration workshop. I just looked it up and seems it is online only now - so the materials would only be available in PDF form.

Anyway, it's not a full conductor score for Basic Instinct, but a collection of assorted cues from many different films (Indiana Jones, Judge Dredd, Batman, Robocop, Starship Troopers, the NFL theme). It's quite a valuable hodge podge of materials across the two books you get.

Fantastic CH!
Some fantastic suggestions in the comments of your video.
This should be something special.

Top Bottom