What's new

SAURON - The DAW All Media Composers Must Learn???

Thanks Paul for sharing. Very interesting story. I've changed my studio setup several times. I haven't find the perfect ergonomic solution yet. What is the best solution to be properly sitting while playing on the piano keyboard OR the computer keyboard. So far, only one of both is positioned correctly. If I put the piano keyboard on a drawer mechanism, the height it requires makes the computer keyboard to high or the sitting position too low. Anyone found a good solution?

Haven’t found this one yet. I think is more elusive tan perfect legato in samples or getting a job in RC.

Jokes aside. For me, The solution would be a shallower music keyboard, shallower than Fatars, I am talking 7-8 cm. I have taken out the keybed of a yamaha p35 but it is still 11cm tall.

Thanks for the response about the studio Paul!

When I go on a photography trip, I am always thinking I'm totally bonkers travelling with 50 pounds of underwater camera gear! This level of insanity requires a great dose of passion for the art!! Great video as always Christian!

On the other hand, Falkner is said to have written has masterpiece (I think it might have been "As I Lay Dying") from a wheelbarrow .
No wonder he wrote a chapter that was just a sentence long. ("My mother is a fish.")

"There! Done for the day. Now I can get out of that infernal contraption!"

Best,

Geoff

Reactions: ism
CPAP!!! The thing that keeps me alive at night..... watch the effing film!
Always fun taking those through airport security..
Thanks Paul for sharing. Very interesting story. I've changed my studio setup several times. I haven't find the perfect ergonomic solution yet. What is the best solution to be properly sitting while playing on the piano keyboard OR the computer keyboard. So far, only one of both is positioned correctly. If I put the piano keyboard on a drawer mechanism, the height it requires makes the computer keyboard to high or the sitting position too low. Anyone found a good solution?
I know the struggle. I've tried every which way possible - you gotta stretch whichever way you work it. Currently have 88 keys under the desk but it strikes me as slightly absurd considering I spend most of my writing time playing single notes/mod wheel, blocking chords and wrestling with Logic.

If you find the answer, please tell!

EDIT: Ignore me...got it working! Apologies.

It could easily be my fault, but I'm unable to open the Broadwood piano EXS file in Logic. This is what happens when I try:

Screenshot 2019-10-01 at 18.54.57.png

When I try to load it from the EXS sampler, the EXS file is greyed out (not selectable). Not sure what the issue is. I'm using Logic X 10.4.7, and macOS 10.14.6. Has anyone else reported this?

Thanks for starting this amazing resource. I'll try some other pianos now.

Last edited:
AMAZING THANK YOU!!!

NOW...

If you thought Paul's studio was a bit spesh, wait 'til you see this!

Christian, I didnt know which of your many suits was your strongest: composer, orchestrator, sample library creator, vlogger, businessman, and the list goes on... until today. Truly, you are an amazing educator and a massive asset in keeping the history of music current with all your efforts. As a musician and optimist for future developments, I cannot thank you enough for sharing your journeys and learning with all of us. Amazing to see what you’ve done with your successes, sharing more and more. Please keep at it sir.

Top Bottom