What's new

Can you help me to complete library collection for trailer / epic music?

kastaroxis

Hi.

I have these libraries:
- Jaeger A.Imperia
- Talos things A. Imperia
- Heavyocity MS Suite

I was thinking to buy Metropolis Ark for this too, would it go well with Jaeger?

And than I am missing...
- Pulsating bass, synth...pulsating things to fill up the track
- Strum guitar (was thinking regenade acoustic guitar is good)
- Ethnic instruments (mostly winds)
- Epic woman choir
- Anything else you think I am missing

Please if you can do not include heavy scripted libraries like keepforest ones, my computer is only 16gb ram and i3.

Please if you can do not include heavy scripted libraries like keepforest ones, my computer is only 16gb ram and i3.

Please don't think that it is the scripting that eats up computer resources - generally it isn't.

Besides, almost all libraries today are heavy scripted.

Ark is good, yes, so are the Albions by SFA, so is HZO1 by SFA, so is Trailer Brass and Trailer Strings.

Forest Kingdom is good for Ethnic instruments.

Guitar - anything from Orange Tree.

Keep in mind - epic is not really about the sample libraries as it is the writing and orchestration.

For modern trailer music, you might want to look into these to complete your arsenal. You also omitted Drums and FX which are half of why a trailer track licenses - need strong hit points for editors.
  • Choir: Performance Sample - Oceania
  • Pulse: Output - Signal (heavier script)
  • Drums: All Heavyocity, Spitfire HZ Perc Pro, 8DIO Taiko
  • FX: AVA - INSTINCT (free pack), Boom Library, Audio Imperia SFMT, Project Bravo. (all audio file format)

EDIT: Ocean has female and male choir. What I meant was, they can be separated. (female-only, male-only)

Last edited:
For modern trailer music, you might want to look into these to complete your arsenal. You also omitted Drums and FX which are half of why a trailer track licenses - need strong hit points for editors.
  • Choir: Performance Sample - Oceania (has female only)
  • Pulse: Output - Signal (heavier script)
  • Drums: All Heavyocity, Spitfire HZ Perc Pro, 8DIO Taiko
  • FX: AVA - INSTINCT (free pack), Boom Library, Audio Imperia SFMT, Project Bravo. (all audio file format)
Thanks you for recommendations.
I did not mentioned Drums as I have Heavyocity MS Suite.

Thanks Erica too.

I think you already have strings and brass covered pretty well, so I wouldn't advice you to go with Ark. (The choir is great though.) Have you checked Omnisphere? That would give you pretty much everything you are after. All of the sounds might not be on the same level as a dedicated library but they are totally usable and at the same time you got all of your synth and bass needs covered. I think it's pretty low on resources as well.

Hi, Ethera Gold & Ethera EVI and you have all you need: Synth, Pulse, Braams, Hybrid Sounds, Pads, Textures, Hybrid Brass, Hit, Percussions, Drum Loops, Acoustic Instruments, Strings Textures, Vocals Phrases, Vocal True Legato , etc etc. Please see on you tube , There are so many videos.

I post here just 4 videos...

All sounds are by ethera gold ( and Ethera EVI for the first Vocal True Legato part )

Hybrid Scoring Template ( for Cubase I'm Working on a Logic Version too )
Where I show some sound possibilities...

Bye

Ste

Last edited:
Hi, Ethera Gold & Ethera EVI and you have all you need: Synth, Pulse, Braams, Hybrid Sounds, Pads, Textures, Hybrid Brass, Hit, Percussions, Drum Loops, Acoustic Instruments, Strings Textures, Vocals Phrases, Vocal True Legato , etc etc. Please see on you tube , There are so many videos.

I post here just 4 videos...

All sounds are by ethera gold ( and Ethera EVI for the first Vocal True Legato part )

Hybrid Scoring Template ( for Cubase I'm Working on a Logic Version too )
Where I show some sound possibilities...

Bye

Ste

I 've seen this answer of yours, and created account to ask you one question.
I am hobbyist and I have Berlin Inspire 1 and 2 as the only libraries, and I would like to go with epic stuff, as I am not good to be some good classical composer, so I wonder that those libraries you're mentioned, will they work with Berlin Inspire to get Epic Sound, and is or can Inspire be used at all for epic, or its Jaeger one of the most special ones between libraries for epic sound?

I know that with many tweaks every library can be epic, or huge, but still we all know its not the same, so I wonder will I have any benefit over Inspires if I buy Jaeger?

And just to tell that those two libraries are amazing, and I definitelly want to buy them, sooner or later, but I need advice what to combine with them, if not Berlin Inspires...

If you want to do loud and facemelt stuff only (I refuse to use the word), then you want to get something else than inspire.
Go for Ark 1, Albion 1 or Jaeger - each one of them comes with pros and cons.

Making stuff louder doesn't mean it's played fff.

Inspires were meant to be used for rather classic fast mockups.

I 've seen this answer of yours, and created account to ask you one question.
I am hobbyist and I have Berlin Inspire 1 and 2 as the only libraries, and I would like to go with epic stuff, as I am not good to be some good classical composer, so I wonder that those libraries you're mentioned, will they work with Berlin Inspire to get Epic Sound, and is or can Inspire be used at all for epic, or its Jaeger one of the most special ones between libraries for epic sound?

I know that with many tweaks every library can be epic, or huge, but still we all know its not the same, so I wonder will I have any benefit over Inspires if I buy Jaeger?

And just to tell that those two libraries are amazing, and I definitelly want to buy them, sooner or later, but I need advice what to combine with them, if not Berlin Inspires...

Jaeger is a very, very, very different library from Ethera Series and ( in my opinion ) maybe one of the perfect Orchestral addition to the Ethera Series if you want to create Epic Music and Cinematic Music.

Jeager is a " Full orchestral" " Epic ", library with some Hybrid stuff, e some Vocal Elements

Ethera Libraries and in particular ( ETHERA GOLD, ETHERA EVI, and ETHERA SOUNDSCAPES), are a very wide collection of instruments with powerful Hybrid Synths with instruments developed especially for the Cinematic Music ( Hybrid Scoring, Trailers, Epic Music, Electro Music ) , and with a MASSIVE collection of Vocal Instruments ( True Legato, Vocal Phrases, Vocal Arps ).

So Ethera covers all needs about HybridSynth and Cinematic Vocals that an "orchestra" library can't do.

On My YouTube channel, there are so many videos about Ethera

Ste

Full disclosure, StefanoM worked on Ethera, so keep that in mind. ;)

Of Course and it is not a secret... but I'm saying true... :)

When I say that Ethera Series is not an orchestral Library , and Jaeger is one of the best Epic Orchestral Libray in my opinion and works fantastic in my Ethera Hybrid Scoring Templates, its true, as is true that Ethera EVI, Ethera Gold & Ethera Soundscapes covers perfectly the needs of Hybrid Scoring and Vocals ( Epic & Cinematic). Its not only stupid Marketing... because I have done so many honest Videos...
Everyone can see and hear what I say. Maybe I broke too much with my videos :laugh:, they are so many, but I do it just to leave not only the words and some demos, but so many videos to see to evaluate.

Cheers

Ste

Last edited:
To be honest if you need any sort of synth - it would be better to get Serum, Zebra, Massive or whatever and learn some basic sound design. Creating unique sounds will come a long way in your musical career, as for libraries - you have Jaeger which just like LASS is really dry sounding library, specially when you just use 'Close' mics. It goes well with any not dry library... Albion, Metropolis Ark and so on. But keep in mind that you can get amazing results, just with Jaeger and a little bit of mixing tricks and still sound huge as hell.
I would spread my money to fill the holes if I was in your shoes, after that I would go for second libraries.

Top Bottom