What's new

Can muting a MIDI track also mute an audio return track in Cubase?

Nico Schuele

Tolerated Member
Hi all,

I have a VEPro setup in my template. MIDI tracks each have an audio return track associated to them. When composing, I hide the audio return tracks. Is there a way to mute/solo the audio from a MIDI track (e.g. muting the MIDI violins track will also mute the Violins OUT audio track)?

Thanks for your help, I've been searching for a while and it's driving me nuts!

Depending on which DAW you're using, you might be able to create a master/slave relationship for the mute button. In Reaper you can, but it has a finite number of groups (64), so your kind of problem might persist if you the template is too big.

Depending on which DAW you're using, you might be able to create a master/slave relationship for the mute button. In Reaper you can, but it has a finite number of groups (64), so your kind of problem might persist if you the template is too big.

Using Cubase :)

Ah. Can't help you there, hopefully somebody else can.

In Reaper, it's under "Track grouping parameters", so maybe it's called something like that in Cubase.

Ah. Can't help you there, hopefully somebody else can.

In Reaper, it's under "Track grouping parameters", so maybe it's called something like that in Cubase.

Thank you! It's exactly it! I can link two tracks (one MIDI and its audio return), say what I want to group (in this case, solo/mute buttons) and that's it!

Top Bottom