What's new

Calm Night Sky [Piano in 162, Blakus Cello]

Nullhertz

(aka Reasy)
Hi there,

I have not dared to post anything here yet, because of the very high level of the other compositions here, but eventually I did bring myself to do it.

So here´s a short track in waltz time, mainly using the free Libraries "Piano in 162" and "Blakus Cello".

I recorded it in FL Studio without a metronome to add some slight tempo changes and to make it more vivid. I am not quite sure about the chord progression. (Seems to be rather cliché??)

What do you think?

Sebastian

Last edited:
Beautiful music Sebastian. No comments here, I enjoyed it after a long day of composing and was just dreaming away to be honest and that is a good thing :)
Keep posting! ;)

Ahh, Reasy, I love your stuff. Deceptively simple but a beautiful listen. You have no worries to post here. Your work has a passion, I feel it.

Hi there,
I have not dared to post anything here yet, because of the very high level of the other compositions here, but eventually I did bring myself to do it.

Oh, please.. it's good! it's about the result, not about complexity. Doubt is our enemy and we should chop it's head of before it surfaces on the horizon. I enjoyed it. Very relaxing indeed.

Hi there,

So here´s a short track in waltz time, mainly using the free Libraries "Piano in 162" and "Blakus Cello".

I recorded it in FL Studio without a metronome to add some slight tempo changes and to make it more vivid. I am not quite sure about the chord progression. (Seems to be rather cliché??)

What do you think?

Sebastian

No chord progression, in and of itself, is a cliche in and of itself, it's all in how it's used. When a composer's sincerity and tenderness comes through, even a c-major triad can sound expressive. I enjoyed your piece.

As the others have said, simplicity is excellent when done right. And this is right. I enjoyed it. Nothing jumped out at me as "Wrong".
There's a little pedal noise or breathing or something . . ? On the piano, maybe?
I liked it! Sounded Human.

This is a really lovely listen. I have to say not using a Metronome really gave it a human feel. So many pieces get quantized to death.

Wow, thanks for all the positive feedback guys!
I think sometimes self-criticism is unfortunately too negative on one-self.

Top Bottom