BX RooM/S on sale.

Discussion in 'Mixing, Post-Production, and Effects' started by S R Krishnan, Mar 15, 2019 at 5:41 AM.

1. S R Krishnan

S R Krishnan New Member

Sep 14, 2018
    Would love to know if anybody is using it on orchestral samples.

Mat likes this.
  2. Mat

Mat New Member

Apr 23, 2018
    +1, would love to hear any personal experiences with this plugin. Valhalla and Spaces fill my reverb needs pretty well right now, but I love BX stuff, particularly how they hand M/S. Definitely looking for an excuse to pick this guy up

3. KMA

KMA Member

Sep 25, 2017
    Haven't tried it, although I'm not sure the MS functionality is as compelling as it might have been when this plugin first came out. It seems to me that you could replicate this functionality by placing an MS-capable plugin right after it (Pro-Q3 or something like that).

But I'd also be interested to hear what people think of the sound of this reverb (the quality of the algorithm).

4. Beat Kaufmann

Beat Kaufmann Active Member

Hi
    A reverb - I'm not saying it for the first time - can be used for a variety of tasks. Maybe it should
    A) ... move instruments into the depth of a certain room
    B) ... add a nice, airy, spatial and natural sounding tail.
    C) ... adding a bit of reverb to a single voice or an instrument.
    D) ...?

For my own music productions I need reverbs, which can solve tasks A) and B).
    That's why BX_RooM/S has never been used for such a task.

Beat

S R Krishnan likes this.
  5. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    You are stating, categorically, bx_rooMS cannot be used for these tasks ????

6. Beat Kaufmann

Beat Kaufmann Active Member

Hi sostenuto
    Of course I could use the tool for that, but I have reverbs that can solve task A) and B) (see above) a lot better together with orchestral music (with dry samples).
    To be fair: The plug-In is used in the demo videos mainly on instruments such as drums, guitars and vocals, where it obviously does its job very well. But that's not the application I usually need reverbs for.
    I would try the PlugIn for free, if it can solve your own tasks well! Then you have clarity for your case.

Beat

S R Krishnan likes this.
  7. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Understand. I have several capable Reverb VST as well, yet today's opportunity for bx_rooMS @ $29. offered some capabilities I was not certain I had, and little risk in taking advantage.
    No worries, all is good.

8. jadedsean

jadedsean Active Member

Jun 28, 2016
  9. Akarin

Akarin pragsound.com

Jan 14, 2018
    Switzerland
    You get a discount code in the email newsletter.

10. jadedsean

jadedsean Active Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Strange i never received an email, i am signed up too. :sad:

11. wst3

wst3 my office these days

Apr 2, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    I took pretty much the entire 14 days to figure out BX RooM/S. Or rather to decide to purchase it.

Out of the gate this is a very cool reverb, with some interesting quirks. You could get the same results (well similar anyway) using your favorite reverb, and a few auxes, or an M/S utility, and probably other ways. But it's all here.

My first impression was that it would a great tool for placing tracks/instruments, and it can do that, but I don't think that is its greatest strength. It is also constrained by any room tone or baked in reverb and reflections.

But I bought it anyway<G>... it can do some really cool things to tracks I've recorded (I tend to record with close microphones because I don't have a great sounding space right now.)

I also use it a lot for electronic music, or even synths in tracks that use conventional instruments.

I'm still learning, but I consider it to be more of a sound design tool than a conventional reverb. Dirk and company may not agree, but even at that I think it was worth the price before the steep discount.

S R Krishnan and sostenuto like this.