What's new

Bt phobos update 1.1.4

This likely to work okay with VEP?

Very good question, I tasked this to our customer service team and Joaquim responded thusly:

"Plugin is detected by VEP and responds to tempo sync on DAW, No problems with GUI in standalone VEP instances either"

So that I guess is a yes.

For those of you who are interested I've now completed that "Mayhem" track:

More tracks tomorrow.

CH.

i have never considered buying hybrid synths like nexus2 or omnisphere but phobos: this is something that looks special. im considering.

Hi Chris,

Is the Mayhem extended version track you posted made using only PHOBOS ?

It sounds great !

Thanks,
Muziksculp

No it has orchestral elements from our orch ranges... to hear what components make up the track from phobos (literally everything save the long strings and french horn notes) refer to this:

This is really exciting !!

Christian, out of curiosity does this integrate well with komplete kontrol? It would be so awesome to assign the controls to the knobs on that thing !

Hi Christian ! Perhaps a better way to phrase the question would be, does the plugin allow most of the controls to have host automation?
:D

Really excited for this, and your track is truly excellent work !

Yes, there is a whole massively intelligent "mappings" menu that allows you to scale and direct how your controllers govern the amazing realtime features available.

The screen at 35secs of this video:

...with the moving graphs is the mapping screen, dedicated solely to how your controllers work, whether that be direct hardware, automation or LFO.

It really is a monster...

CH.

Very good question..."Plugin is detected by VEP and responds to tempo sync on DAW, No problems with GUI in standalone VEP instances either"

CH.
Even better answer. Had the worries last night that I might have made a less than wise rushed decision. Half a bottle of wine later and I came to the rational conclusion that Spitfire isn't just a products company - you invest in editorial content, educating, and in raising the quality bar of the creative community you serve. This doesn't feel like just a commercial exercise for you guys. You listen and you engage. Aren't m(any) companies out there who do that nowadays. My composing has increased ten fold since I started using your products, and not just because I invested in the software. If you're offering a good deal for a preorder price on a brand new product (literally) then the least us community members can do is take it for a spin and find out how it drives in the wet as well as the dry (and maybe a little off-roading) to help the products get better into the future. Guess that's what we're signing up for by getting the good deal. There. Feel better now I've got that out.

This is really hitting the sweet spot of sounds I like. Love the evolving/moving stuff. Wish I could have had this on a film I am just finishing. It would have been perfect!

I'd love it if companies shared the Cubase/Logic/whatever files for these demos, especially the naked demos.

I've bought libraries where, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get the demo sound that sold me in the first place.

How diverse is the 20 GB BT Sample content of PHOBOS ?

i.e. Does it have a healthy selection of Acoustic Instruments, Orchestral Instruments, Synth Waveforms, Percussive Waveforms, Vocal/Choir type samples, ...etc. ?

Does PHOBOS have its own Effects ? i.e Reverbs, Choruses, Delays, ..etc. ?

When will the user manual be available ? I think the user manual will help answer many questions.

User manual is nearly there, it, like the plugin, has been through a long process of development.

Phobos is very much an ark of BT's sounds, it is him in a nutshell, so it is not a GM style offering, so very few acoustic sounding instruments (although a lot of the sounds clearly have organic origins). It is largely split between amazing selection of loops, pads, drones, atmospheres, effects and analogue synths.

Like many synths it doesn't have verbs / delays / fx. There are naturally the endless number of convos, HPFs, LPFs and Gates to help you control the sound source and convolutions.

On the subject of polyconvolution here's what our chief developer for Phobos had to say:

"There are four Source units. Each Source unit can load either a Loop or a Tonal sound. When a loop is loaded into a Source unit it has a polyphony of one voice. When a Tonal sound is loaded into a Source unit its maximum polyphony is determined by the number of keys in its key range and any overall polyphony limits that have been configure in the Settings page. The pitch of Tonal sounds is adjusted to match the key that was used to trigger the sound. The pitch of Loop sounds is not direct affected by the key used to trigger the sound (although this can be added using the more advanced features in the Mappings pages). In addition to this, both Loop and Tonal sounds can have their pitch and speed adjusted by using the parameters in the Source Controls pages.

There are three Convolver units. Each Convolver unit can load any of the Loop or Tonal sounds. It is important to note that these Convolver units are slightly different from conventional convolution reverb-like effects. In a similar way to the Source units, the Convolver units are polyphonic. This means that for each key that triggers one of the Convolver units a separate and new impulse response it created. This impulse response will be generated on the fly using the current envelope, pitch and speed parameters for that Convolver unit. This is what we mean by the 'polyconvolutinon' engine that is implemented in BT Phobos. The way that the pitch and speed is calculated for the impulse response depends on whether a Loop or Tonal sound is loaded into the Convolver unit. Loop sounds will have their tempo matched to the DAW tempo but the key used to trigger the Convolver unit will not affect the pitch. Tonal sounds will have their pitch adjusted to match the key that was pressed to trigger the Convolver unit. Again, both pitch and speed can adjusted by using the parameters in the Convolver Controls pages where changes affect both Loop and Tonal sounds in the same way."

Thanks for listening.

CH

Hi Chris,

Thank You for the feedback, and I look forward to the release of the User Manual.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Forgive me if this question has been asked and answered, but will there eventually be expansions for Phobos? I realize there is a ton of content and endless combinations, but I am wondering if there will be preset and or content expansions from different artists and sound designers in it's future.

Thanks

Top Bottom