What's new

Bt phobos update 1.1.4

I've always liked Brian's earlier trance albums IMA and ESCM best myself. They're right up there with Aphex Twin, Autechre, for me and still hold up today.

Yep, all his best tunes + orchestra....well strings anyway.
It just suffers from being mastered too loud, which ruins the experience a bit.

Hey Spitfire. Nice walkthrough, Paul.

Will we be able to import our own sounds, or are we forced to use only the BT/Spitfire content?

Thanks.

in all seriousness though, the amount of content BT has created i biblical and the interface adds a degree of chaos that makes for an almost infinite number of sounds. Everything in my demo is Phobos save the orchestral elements:

The bass tones under the strings at the top make for a sound I'm going to use forever....

Seems a powerhouse, but GUI looks a challenge ..... for me at least. Guess this is trade-off with flexibility :speechless:

I've always liked Brian's earlier trance albums IMA and ESCM best myself. They're right up there with Aphex Twin, Autechre, for me and still hold up today.
'ESCM' and 'Movement in still life are' my favorites, but I think the albums have just gotten gradually worse and I haven't bothered buying the last 4 albums.
It's funny when I think about it, cause he was to me what John Williams is to a lot of people around here. :sad:

Before someone made him delete all those tweets :)

I would think just like about anything as long as you have a fairly robust quad core you should be ok but will await confirmation from CH.

BT himself said on Twitter it eats up a lot of CPU.

Last edited:
Before someone made him delete all those tweets :)

I would think just like about anything as long as you have a fairly robust quad core you should be ok but will await confirmation from CH.

Hi guys, well here is my rack for the "Mayhem" demo submitted.... No freezing and a lot going on simultaneously.... No complaints from my computer at all, not a single crash... and seeing as its like running how many Altiverbs? (multiply instances of phobos by 3).

8dc11866-5e54-4d77-92de-5e07afc86202.png

Its a monster but I've had no probs. BT may have been referring to a beta which was non-optimised. A great thing about Phobos is it checks out your system and pre-optimises accordingly.

Best.

CH

Top Bottom