What's new

Bt phobos update 1.1.4

Hi there, this is very much geared towards BT's approach to music, BT is a conservatoire educated composer who wanted to be a film composer but first made a huge success for himself inventing progressive house. So yes, the sounds are predominantly electronic (albeit an extraordinary organic kind of sound) but are very much geared towards hyrbid style film composition. If you imagine Tony Scott was alive today and wanted HGW to score a Domino style film, we'd hope Phobos would provide Harry with the next generation of sounds for 2017 and beyond.

Best.

C.

Thank you Mr. Henson. I suppose then that I can use it for styles like Henry Jackman's style. For example the soundtrack of Big Hero 6 or Wreck it Ralph, even the soundrack of Marvel. :) This question is correct?

Best and Congratulations for your effort and passion for the music. All the best! Loyal Customer. :)

Last edited:
It would be way cool if you had Brian do a walkthrough video on how he is going to use the plugin is well.

Hi there, this is very much geared towards BT's approach to music, BT is a conservatoire educated composer who wanted to be a film composer but first made a huge success for himself inventing progressive house. So yes, the sounds are predominantly electronic (albeit an extraordinary organic kind of sound) but are very much geared towards hyrbid style film composition. If you imagine Tony Scott was alive today and wanted HGW to score a Domino style film, we'd hope Phobos would provide Harry with the next generation of sounds for 2017 and beyond.

Best.

C.

We've got loads of content for you to check out before it goes 'live'.

Regrettably we're not at Musikmesse this year. We find it far to noisy to be a useful experience for people visiting our stand, and we all end up a bit deaf for a week afterwards, so we don't think its a worthwhile endeavour!

However if you're in London we have a pop up to celebrate our 10th birthday, so you can come and try out our stuff and meet some of the team:

Best wishes.

CH

spitfire doing hybrid/electronic libraries > heavocity trying to do a (organically recorded) string library. No argument.

Last edited:
I've got a very rude track coming your way.... good news is working on this:

8dc11866-5e54-4d77-92de-5e07afc86202.png

Didn't get me a single crash in a 4 hour hardcore session. V1.0 is STABLE.

CH

Should be interesting. One of my all time favourite albums is "This Binary Universe" (which for some reason is impossible to get anywhere except torrent sites).

spitfire doing hybrid/electronic libraries > heavocity trying to do a (organically recorded) string library. No argument.
As a user of both companies stellar products I'd beg to differ with you on this one... It's a draw... Both first in class and bringing their own unique perspectives

I can not fathom why SF doesn't use preset browsers. Watching the walkthrough makes this point well. Look how long you have to click and hold down the mouse to even SEE the presets and get to a particular one!!!! It's absurd.

It's nice that the sounds are great but why make it so cumbersome to get to them?

Take a lesson from Omnisphere. A preset browser with descriptive tags.

Last edited:
And also reminds me a bit of my old Wavestation AD

Love seeing the randomize functions!

I'm not going to bitch about a preset system this is going to be a tool for extreme sound design not strolling thousands of presets like Omni. You should be able to easily set up custom finder folders/projects very easily.

My only slight and initial concern would be after listening to Paul's walkthrough the slightly delicate/airy nature of the sounds might get lost in a mix or with other sounds from various plugins.

Reminds me in some ways of my old Kyma system. Very excited.

Last edited:
Top Bottom