Bt phobos update 1.1.4

markleake

Recovering sale addict
Thanks for the response, Christian. I DO appreciate it. However, the current lack of specific info is frustrating. Hell, hire DJ and pay him 5k to live stream 3 hours with it... We'll learn more from that than a bunch of audio with too much going on to decern wtf IS going on.

Mind you, I'm just saying this because we DON'T HAVE ANY REAL info yet beyond "BT's a really cool dude " and a Daniel live stream would immediately answer ALL my questions...

Just sayin... As a heavy investor in recent Spitfire (for someone not making an income from music) I'd respect a lengthy independent livestream from some one like Don or DJ since a demo isn't in the cards...

Intro clock is a ticken... I'd luv to hear /see video footage of what you all are so excited about. Really! I mean this! And naked demos would be a big help. please... And some info with each, I. E... 12 tracks of...

But really, a 2 hour live stream would help many of us a LOT more..it could happen NOW! I made an instant purchase just the other night!
Um.... what? Did you actually read what Spitfire said?

OP
Spitfire Team

Spitfire Team

Phobos has MPE mode for compatibility with Roli keyboards.

It features 20GB of BT material, which is a biblical amount considering it isn't multi sample / multi mic / multi round robin = 2,401 different sounds which can be used both as sound source or convolver, 716 presets by BT, Richard Devine, PT, CH and Spitfire.

More info will be distribute here on VI-C but the product page is the place to get all the stuff.... oh and we have a user manual dropping soon!

http://www.spitfireaudio.com/shop/a-z/bt-phobos/

We're making piles of promotional material, but this stuff takes time to edit and grade and dub, but we're not going to spring this after the promo! 3rd party review materials we have no control over other than to release NFRs of the full release version, which is only available on day of release. We don't release betas as they're not fully featured or optimised. Sorry if this is frustrating, but we already have a full walkthrough, a contextual demo and a long naked one. With many more to come alongside BTS, features, and in actions.

Best.

CH.

nulautre

Paul Voorheis
Phobos has MPE mode for compatibility with Roli keyboards.

It features 20GB of BT material, which is a biblical amount considering it isn't multi sample / multi mic / multi round robin = 2,401 different sounds which can be used both as sound source or convolver, 716 presets by BT, Richard Devine, PT, CH and Spitfire.

More info will be distribute here on VI-C but the product page is the place to get all the stuff.... oh and we have a user manual dropping soon!

http://www.spitfireaudio.com/shop/a-z/bt-phobos/

We're making piles of promotional material, but this stuff takes time to edit and grade and dub, but we're not going to spring this after the promo! 3rd party review materials we have no control over other than to release NFRs of the full release version, which is only available on day of release. We don't release betas as they're not fully featured or optimised. Sorry if this is frustrating, but we already have a full walkthrough, a contextual demo and a long naked one. With many more to come alongside BTS, features, and in actions.

Best.

CH.
Any hints to the "hacking the website" prizes? (thought i'd ask) :whistling:

Also, will your demo be a walkthrough of the mayhem track? I'd love to take a peak behind the scenes of that one.

Cheers

doctornine

Looking forward to getting and using this - sounds great to me.

NOTE _ those of a sensitive nature may not want to read the following, if their irony-o-meter isn't functioning :

So, new toy.
Oh, wait.
I have to pay for it.
Let me get my VI hat on so I can bitch about :

1) how much it costs
2) that I can't have it for free
3) It's not what *I* wanted next from Spitfire
4) how much it costs

etc etc etc

M

mac

In other news, people expect a subscription service to access some of the world's best composition tools for a few dollars a month.
Stop being a subscription hater :roflmao:

Christian said it himself earlier, they're going to offer new payment options. I can't wait to jump on board the £5 per month, all you can eat Spitfire train. Suck it!

OP
Spitfire Team

Spitfire Team

Christian said it himself earlier, they're going to offer new payment options. I can't wait to jump on board the £5 per month, all you can eat Spitfire train. Suck it!

Urm I was talking more along the lines of things like PayPal (been having meetings with them). We still see ourselves as a premium brand offering lifetime licenses... But back to Phobos....

Martin our chief Phobos coder tells me that whilst there are three convolution 'sources' there is actually a separate convolution engine per voice you play hence 'polyconvolution'.

Best

cH

synthpunk

I think what Vastman was referring to be fair was that no additional cartridges were released for eDNA Earth since the Unfinished it would if been nice to have other cartridges released in the future that were promised rather than referencing other products that use the EDNA engine that cost hundreds of dollars... Old Jedi mind trick. :cool:

Ps this email you sent out this morning with the PDF download, the PDF keeps on getting stuck here in the middle of downloading.

jononotbono

Luke Johnson

Haha! I'm not a subscription hater. I am just curious as to why people feel so self entitled that they should have access to some of the worlds greatest compositional tools for a few dollars a month, hence why I want to know where I can rent a Ferrari for $30 a month. I don't mean to cause offence but hey, it's the internet and people get precious.

Yeah more eDNA cartridges would be amazing.

OP
Spitfire Team

Spitfire Team

Hi Synbthpunk,

We do have more cartridges for Earth, and more in pipeline. No announcement to my knowledge that we have abandoned it? I think worth correcting, as comments here then get quoted elsewhere, and no where in our literature do I see any evidence of us abandoning Earth and as mentioned previously we have very much embraced eDNA as a standard for us from Fanshawe to RedCola, to Albion ONE, to Tundra?

So for the assumption that we have somehow abandoned something based on us introducing a new concept is a falsehood and one that is right to correct.

I embrace and welcome feedback elsewhere on Earth, but not fair on BT and the spitfire dev team to derail a thread about a 4 year old project with negative and wrongful assumptions about other products here please.

Best.

C.