What's new

British Drama Toolkit - unofficial voice your honest opinion / critique thread

01 - Spitfire Audio - BDT - Main
02 - Spitfire Audio - Fragile String Evolutions - A fragile Start
03 - Arturia - Arp 2600 - Non Return Point

SA - BDT - Main.JPG Arturia - ARP2600 - Non Return Point.JPG SA - Fragile String Evolutions - A fragile Start.JPG

01 - SA - BDT - Ensembles - Double Bass - Clarinet - Main
02 - SA - LCOT - Ethereal - Celestial Sand_KO - Celli - Shards Grid Time Machine_Albion Tundra - Nice Chord Sky Bellows_OACE - Chamber Grid

01 - SA - BDT - Ensembles & Main
02 - SA - HCT - Drowned Plucks - Earth Rumbles Grid
03 - SA - HCT - Dr Doomsday

04 - UVI - Augmented Piano - XFX Structural FX

For me, BDT has turned out to be primarily a source of intimate solo strings and woodwinds, after I have "tackled" its somewhat unusual mechanics. I'm yet to try using it as a textural tool and with the more extensive processing.

I don't own CDT for the time being, but I've been rather intrigued by it since the release, as it is more centered on my usual sound colors. On the other hand, I have plenty of other libraries with this type of content.

I ended up buying both, especially after reading (and hearing) all the info here. I feel like the way BDT and CDT work resonates more with me (as a piano player) than having one hand on the keyboard and another on the modwheel or fader. Thank you guys for your demos and feedback.

I ended up buying both, especially after reading (and hearing) all the info here. I feel like the way BDT and CDT work resonates more with me (as a piano player) than having one hand on the keyboard and another on the modwheel or fader. Thank you guys for your demos and feedback.
Yes, same here -- I have both (but gravitate to CDT more often)

As a piano player, I mitigated the modwheel/fader issue by routing the modwheel on my Kronos2 88 to an expression pedal (bought a Moog EP-3 on Amazon)
Works like a charm 8-)

Yes, same here -- I have both (but gravitate to CDT more often)

As a piano player, I mitigated the modwheel/fader issue by routing the modwheel on my Kronos2 88 to an expression pedal (bought a Moog EP-3 on Amazon)
Works like a charm 8-)
Uhmmmmm that sounds like a great option, will do some research, thanks for the suggestion @DoubleHelix! 🤗

Update: I am indeed quite happy with BDT. This way of composing, being able to play with both hands and control the intensity and dynamics of the sound organically (can't come up with a better description) as you would do in the piano is a welcomed change. I felt instantly inspired and came up with something I would call "kind of decent" (for my low standards anyway 😅) in just 30-40 minutes (including mixing).

I was a little bit nervous to be honest, as I had read so many negative comments from other members, but I am personally quite happy 😊. No buyer's remorse at all. Worst case scenario, it allows you to quickly sketch an idea or react to a cue or moment of inspiration. The sounds are also really beautiful IMHO, but of course, I understand it may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Last edited:
Update: I am indeed quite happy with BDT. This way of composing, being able to play with both hands and control the intensity and dynamics of the sound organically (can't come up with a better description) as you would do in the piano is a welcomed change. I felt instantly inspired and came up with something I would call "kind of decent" (for my low standards anyway 😅) in just 30-40 minutes (including mixing).
Working within the parameters of the library, you end up with a nice result
Keep writing (!)

Top Bottom