What's new

Bright Pianos

PaulieDC

1967 Bizzarini GT 5300 Strada
Does anyone know of any piano libraries that have the highest dynamics get as bright as this track?

I've tried EQing numerous piano libraries, but it's not enough. The actual dynamic level of the samples aren't high enough. I've been able to get that sound with a number of real pianos, simply by playing very loud. There's also a beautiful metallic shimmering effect that happens with repeated notes with the sustain pedal down, and that's something that seems difficult to sample. Are there any libraries that have tried it?
My new Synchron Steinway D can run like that easily. Add in some of the tube mic and you'll get quite the cutting upper range. Drawback? Click Buy Now and look and the number in the shopping cart! My vote is also for the Ravenscroft 275, it lights up when you start hammering and doesn't lose definition with the sus pedal. Synchron doesn't either, but for the same price you can buy the R275 and an M-Audio Hammer 88, lol (well, once the March VSL sale is over).

freecham

Production voices have two bright pianos : estate grand (Kawai GS 60} and Production Grand Compact (Yamaha C7).

Reactions: CGR

CGR

Pianist, Composer & Arranger
Production voices have two bright pianos : estate grand (Kawai GS 60} and Production Grand Compact (Yamaha C7).
Yes, forgot those. The Kawai in particular is very bright & cutting, and is a 6'9" grand so has a decent bass too.

Top Bottom