What's new

Bricasti M7 reverb

JMJ33101

Hi! Do any of you know where to get a free vst of the Bricasti M7? I tried Ableton Suite and I really loved the Boston Hall. I’m not sure if was the bricasti but I remember using it in Ableton. And also, do any of you know of a good concert hall reverb? Thanks

The site says that it can’t be used for commercial purposes. So I can’t post a video on YouTube that has this reverb? Or similarly on SoundCloud?

There is one thing you should think about regarding Bricasti IRs: There are complicated algorithms within this machine, that tries to simulate how a real room reverberates a dry source. If you capture an IR form the unit, you do not capture, what the hardware unit actually does to an input signal dependent on time and frequency.
Convolution reverbs are much more useful with IRs recorded in real rooms. Combine these with good algorithmic reverbs and you get the best of both worlds. Using Bricasti IRs seems like a good idea, but actually isn't.

There is one thing you should think about regarding Bricasti IRs: There are complicated algorithms within this machine, that tries to simulate how a real room reverberates a dry source. If you capture an IR form the unit, you do not capture, what the hardware unit actually does to an input signal dependent on time and frequency.
Convolution reverbs are much more useful with IRs recorded in real rooms. Combine these with good algorithmic reverbs and you get the best of both worlds. Using Bricasti IRs seems like a good idea, but actually isn't.
Liquidsonic tries to mimic that behavior too... I don't have a real M7 so I don't know how close they get.
https://www.liquidsonics.com/software/seventh-heaven-professional/

Anyway, if JMJ knows the M7 sound from the Ableton Suite it wouldn't have been the real thing too.

The site says that it can’t be used for commercial purposes. So I can’t post a video on YouTube that has this reverb? Or similarly on SoundCloud?
This is referring to the impulse response files themselves. ie. You can use them to create reverb in commercial products, but you can not sell the impulse responses or include them in a commercial product. Which is why they are available for free, and not a purchasable product.

This is referring to the impulse response files themselves. ie. You can use them to create reverb in commercial products, but you can not sell the impulse responses or include them in a commercial product. Which is why they are available for free, and not a purchasable product.
So I can use these reverbs in a SoundCloud track correct? I didn’t read thoroughly the article lol

So I can use these reverbs in a SoundCloud track correct? I didn’t read thoroughly the article lol

Hey, JMJ.

Yes, you do. Mind you that these samples are donationware, though. You may consider a donation if you find them to be useful in any commercial product you may be working on.

I also back devonmyles' suggestion to check out Best Service's Hall of Fame 3 free convolver. There are some good IRs there too.

I'd agree with this. I've got the two Liquidsonics plug-ins. They're okay, but I'm not thrilled with them. If you want that algorithmic reverb sound, get a really good algorithmic reverb plug-in (I like Galbanum B2, FabFilter Pro-R and TC Electronics VSS3). Some IR verbs that have the capacity to chorus tails get closer (like Altiverb).

Anyone interested in algorithmic reverb should also give Sonsig A a chance. I did the demo and ended up not buying it because I kept thinking my current main reverbs (Nimbus and VVV) were enough. But it stuck with me, and I ended up buying it anyway. Now I turn to it before VVV every time, even though from time to time, VVV is what I end up going with later. It's a subtle thing to my non-pro ears. Plus the UI is quite good to dial in things once you get over the very small learning curve (read the manual).

I did demo every major reverb plugin when auditioning for "realism" when I bought Nimbus. 7th Heaven Pro was up there on my list, but I don't feel the need anymore with the 3 reverbs I have now (plus Toraverb2). Yet, anyway!

Top Bottom