Breaking Down a Comedic Halloween-Inspired Track

Discussion in 'Member's Compositions' started by ChrisSiuMusic, Nov 8, 2018 at 12:47 PM.

1. ChrisSiuMusic

ChrisSiuMusic Senior Member

Dec 21, 2017
    Hey fellow composers! Last week I posted a light spooky track inspired by the Halloween season, and I'm back with a breakdown of this piece. Please enjoy!

2. Chr!s

Chr!s Senior Member

May 27, 2018
    Watching presently. I love your breakdown videos

ChrisSiuMusic likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    ChrisSiuMusic

Dec 21, 2017
    Thanks Chris!

4. Mike Fox

Mike Fox Senior Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Awesome Chris! I really enjoyed the melody on this. Always an enjoyable and learning experience. :2thumbs:

Any chance of composing a much darker, more sinister, and modern horror piece?

ChrisSiuMusic likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    ChrisSiuMusic

Dec 21, 2017
    Thanks Mike! I will put that on the list, it’ll definitely be outside my comfort zone :thumbsup:

Mike Fox likes this.
  6. Cass Hansen

Cass Hansen Senior Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Julian, CA
    Thanks for the breakdowns of this piece (and Chief of the Sky). I came away with quite a few ideas and tips to try out.

I just wanted to say that after hearing these two pieces of yours, you really have a wonderful innate talent for writing memorable melodies, something that one either has or doesn’t. That plus your creative use of orchestration, I would think Disney and others would be ecstatic to have you on their team. You’re a natural Chris. I can’t wait to hear more from you.

Cass

Mike Fox and ChrisSiuMusic like this.
  7. OP
    OP
    ChrisSiuMusic

Dec 21, 2017
    Hi Cass, thank you so much for your positive feedback. Working for Disney or Nintendo is a dream of mine, so to hear you say that made my day. Thank you!

Mike Fox likes this.