What's new

Botdog Samples - Frog Guiros

creativeforge

Barefoot Heart Music

www.botdogsamples.com

This time around we are *selling* the frogs for $5. I'm not calling it a donation because we're making it mandatory. However, 100% of every $5 we get will go to Education Through Music: Los Angeles.

ETM:LA partners with inner-city schools in Los Angeles to provide music education and instruments to all children, and also uses music education to improve academics, motivation, and self-confidence. OK, that's a bit of a copy-and-paste job but I've seen it in action and they are really good. Jdog and I went to a classroom in South LA and handed out some frogs and got to talk to the kids about writing music, it was very cool. It makes such a difference with some of these kids, just little things like not having to share a communal mouthpiece (much less an instrument), things we take for granted.

If you're the type that is suspicious of our charitable intent, don't buy it! Trust me on this much, we have spent WAY too much time and money on this project to try to scam you out of your 5 bucks at this point. Though I'm happy to be audited, or, if you'd rather, donate direct to ETM and email us your receipt.

My real hope is that through our silly video we can raise awareness for ETM:LA even if we don't end up raising that much actual dollars.

Special thanks to @Farkle and @Mike Greene and the other composers that agreed to play the frogs in our video. And much thanks to @Jdiggity1 who spent many many, many, many, hours on this project, and then some.

UPDATE: DEMO

I think this one of the best promotional video ever on VIC!
:dancedance::scout::dancer:

creativeforge

Barefoot Heart Music

www.botdogsamples.com

This time around we are *selling* the frogs for $5. I'm not calling it a donation because we're making it mandatory. However, 100% of every $5 we get will go to Education Through Music: Los Angeles.

ETM:LA partners with inner-city schools in Los Angeles to provide music education and instruments to all children, and also uses music education to improve academics, motivation, and self-confidence. OK, that's a bit of a copy-and-paste job but I've seen it in action and they are really good. Jdog and I went to a classroom in South LA and handed out some frogs and got to talk to the kids about writing music, it was very cool. It makes such a difference with some of these kids, just little things like not having to share a communal mouthpiece (much less an instrument), things we take for granted.

If you're the type that is suspicious of our charitable intent, don't buy it! Trust me on this much, we have spent WAY too much time and money on this project to try to scam you out of your 5 bucks at this point. Though I'm happy to be audited, or, if you'd rather, donate direct to ETM and email us your receipt.

My real hope is that through our silly video we can raise awareness for ETM:LA even if we don't end up raising that much actual dollars.

Special thanks to @Farkle and @Mike Greene and the other composers that agreed to play the frogs in our video. And much thanks to @Jdiggity1 who spent many many, many, many, hours on this project, and then some.

UPDATE: DEMO

@chillbot , Can we share this outside of VIC, like on Facebook?

OP
chillbot

chillbot

Sock Muppet
Sure! It's actually public on my FB account. Been shared a record 17 times! (That's off-the-charts viral by my standards.) I bet you can find it if you put on your sleuthing hat...

imagegod

Do you have any interest in a physical donation? I have the following items which I'm looking to donate:

Roland PMA-5 Personal Music Assistant Sequencer, complete with power supply, pointer, leatherette cover, manual and quick guide. (It's a handheld music device for composing 8 track music with high quality sounds included. A young person might like this, but it's sophisticated enough for an adult.)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Roland-PMA-5-Personal-Music-Assistant-Sequencer/153363981481?hash=item23b534a4a9:g:7pEAAOSwHSdcV4lu:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Shure SM57-LC Cardioid Dynamic Microphone with an analogue cable and connector.

A Roland GR-30 Guitar Synth (without the power supply). This is a nice synthesizer for guitars. Unfortunately, I'm missing the power supply (which is relatively inexpensive).

I left an email with https://etmla.org/
If they decline the offer, perhaps you'd like these items? Let me know...

Thanks.

OP
chillbot

chillbot

Sock Muppet
Just to sort of wrap this up. Though you are still more than welcome to purchase!

In fact for a limited time you can purchase our "everything bundle" for the low price of $5. That includes everything in the entire botdog samples collection both the frogs and the lalis.

Capture.PNG

I always knew that frog guiros were not in the most popular demand. Still, I was hoping that putting the video out on social media might incite some people just to donate who have nothing to do with music, and some of my friends did. And I had hoped to make a few more people aware of ETM:LA, and I think we did that. And though it's maybe a bit less than I had hoped to raise, I still think you have to call it a success just to raise that much for a good cause. So thanks to all of you that helped out.

I don't think anyone doubts our integrity, and if you do we don't care anyway... but posting screenshot nonetheless. We will continue to donate 100% of all future frog guiro purchases to ETM:LA.

Top Bottom