What's new

Botdog Piano - Cinematic Piano with Extended Techniques - $19 Sale!

I need another piano library like I need a new, un-sharpened pencil... but I am unable to resist.

Seriously, you guys rock, it sounds awesome!!! Love the demos (not picking favorites, I love them all equally) and can't wait to take it for a spin!

Thanks!!

I like the Woozy-ness setting. I'm afraid I shall have to buy this library for that alone.

However I have a suggestion for a new control for a sampled piano, one that I have never seen on any sampled piano.

Back in the 80's when I was a poor impoverished student in London, whenever we moved to new digs, (which often occurred when the utility bills arrived), we used to scope out all the local pubs that still had a piano. (In the late 80's you could still find pubs with a working piano).

Anyway, whenever funds were low, we'd go to one of these pubs and start playing boogie woogie and old time rock'n'roll piano. Large quantities of booze would then magically appear on the piano. Girls would often appear too.

When the piano turned into an organ (i.e. you could see more than one keyboard) then it was time to go home, and we'd bid our goodbyes - often with the landlord telling us we were always welcome back, and sometimes even with a new friend in tow.

Anyway, I think there should be a setting that reflects the the change in timbre of these old pub pianos as the course of a boozy evening progresses.

After much reflection, and in honour of a particularly memorable evening in an establishment called 'The Polar Bear', I think this setting should be named 'Tequila'.

Even today I get a bit misty eyed when David Attenborough visits the Arctic......

Anyway, I think there should be a setting that reflects the the change in timbre of these old pub pianos as the course of a boozy evening progressed.
Why on earth would I shill for a competitor's piano... well, cause I really like it.

Soundiron has a lovely drinking piano which features a sober/drunk setting as well as a tuned/untuned combo. So you can go from sober/tuned to drunk/tuned to sober/untuned to drunk/untuned. I like it a lot.

But it's way more expensive than ours so buy the Botdog piano ok thanks.

I am a pianist and I collect a piano library. This piano is quite interesting, is there any info about the layer velocity / dynamics? How is the playability for live performance? I need advice from those of you who have bought it. It is really very affordable!

I am a pianist and I collect a piano library. This piano is quite interesting, is there any info about the layer velocity / dynamics? How is the playability for live performance? I need advice from those of you who have bought it. It is really very affordable!
I forgot to add that information, but I will add that later today. Thanks for the reminder!
The piano layer itself has anywhere between 4-9 velocity layers per note. The lower octaves have the most layers as I find them to have the most tonal changes over dynamics, while the higher octaves have less tonal difference and thus do not need as many velocity layers. It averages out at around 5-6 layers for most notes.
For all notes, however, dynamics are 'smoothed' out with some volume and filter/EQ automation.
It is admittedly not as 'detailed' or consistent as most dedicated piano libraries, as the focus for this library was more of a cinematic instrument, offering other experimental and useful techniques, and keeping the file-size and cost nice and low.

As for the other layers, the pencils articulation was captured with 2 dynamics and 3 round robins, the hammers have 3 round robins via note-borrowing and simulated dynamics, palm muted have 3 dynamics and 3 round robins, electric kalimba has 3 round robin, and the others will be one dynamic layer but with simulated/filtered dynamics.

Hope that helps!

This punches way above the asking price. As sampled, the default piano lends itself to cinematic verb and general lushiness, and the included spaces work really well out of the box... definitely has a unique tonal signature. Really dig the Spoopy Piano, as well!

I think @chillbot will love this one as he's always looking for something fresh.

I forgot to add that information, but I will add that later today. Thanks for the reminder!
The piano layer itself has anywhere between 4-9 velocity layers per note. The lower octaves have the most layers as I find them to have the most tonal changes over dynamics, while the higher octaves have less tonal difference and thus do not need as many velocity layers. It averages out at around 5-6 layers for most notes.
For all notes, however, dynamics are 'smoothed' out with some volume and filter/EQ automation.
It is admittedly not as 'detailed' or consistent as most dedicated piano libraries, as the focus for this library was more of a cinematic instrument, offering other experimental and useful techniques, and keeping the file-size and cost nice and low.

As for the other layers, the pencils articulation was captured with 2 dynamics and 3 round robins, the hammers have 3 round robins via note-borrowing and simulated dynamics, palm muted have 3 dynamics and 3 round robins, electric kalimba has 3 round robin, and the others will be one dynamic layer but with simulated/filtered dynamics.

Hope that helps!
Thank you very much :)

AVAILABLE HERE

Sampled right here at Casa del @chillbot is the heart of the library - a Yamaha C3 grand piano. Initially sampled as a personal experiment back in 2019, we captured a range of standard and extended techniques including the 'normal' way of playing a piano, sampled octaves, blooming harmonics, the use of pencils and dulcimer hammers, as well as muted strings, and more.

The result is an impressively versatile library, largely thanks to the multi-layer articulation approach, our unique "Padify" engines, and the depth of tweakability each individual layer offers.

However, as fun as the tweaking is, we understand that not everyone enjoys it as much as we do (yet), so we've included over 50 snapshot presets to get you going.

Botdog Piano Interface.PNG

A special shoutout and big thanks to @Paul Cardon for this incredible demo track, and for providing a 'Botdog Piano only' version that really highlights the versatility of the instrument.

Full price will eventually be $49, but for everyone reading this we're having an introductory offer of $29

Note: Previous owners of the "Spoopy Piano" get an extra $5 off Botdog Piano, and every owner of Botdog Piano can get Spoopy Piano for free once added to cart!

Requires the Full version of Kontakt 5.8.1 or higher, and 1.5GB storage space after extraction

AVAILABLE HERE

I've bought all of Botdog's releases as soon as they come out. But when I bought this piano it had none of my other purchases in my account.

So I try to contact them. No contact info at all on the webpage. Just a simple info@ email address would help. Nothing. I can walk out my door and yell "Hey Botdog!" on Bundy and Olympic, but something makes me think they are a few miles away over in West Hollywood or the Hollywood Hills... glam queens...

But seriously, How do I add the Lali drums and Frogs to my account? And what about the poor soul that doesn't realize VI Control exists?

I've bought all of Botdog's releases as soon as they come out. But when I bought this piano it had none of my other purchases in my account.

So I try to contact them. No contact info at all on the webpage. Just a simple info@ email address would help. Nothing. I can walk out my door and yell "Hey Botdog!" on Bundy and Olympic, but something makes me think they are a few miles away over in West Hollywood or the Hollywood Hills... glam queens...

But seriously, How do I add the Lali drums and Frogs to my account? And what about the poor soul that doesn't realize VI Control exists?
Sorry about that. I've enabled a contact form now.

This was a very limited release primarily for vi-control to begin with, as it was released at a time that I was quite busy preparing to move overseas and be stuck in hotel quarantine for a couple of weeks (which is where I am now), and was unsure how much I'd be able to commit to fulfilling support enquiries beyond the odd question in this thread.

If you could let me know your account details either via the new contact form or DM over VIC, I'll get you sorted out.
For others with the same problem, any purchase made without being logged in (such as a lot of our early transactions for freebies) will need to be manually linked to your account by me.

Last edited:
We don't really exist outside of VI-C anyway.
For now... Dum-Dum DUM! (Dramatic stinger)

Really like the name and cartoon dog, don’t loose that when your a big, futuristic robot dog company whose purchasing microsoft and apple to merge them, handing out free Mac pros to those in need. 😄

AVAILABLE HERE

Sampled right here at Casa del @chillbot is the heart of the library - a Yamaha C3 grand piano. Initially sampled as a personal experiment back in 2019, we captured a range of standard and extended techniques including the 'normal' way of playing a piano, sampled octaves, blooming harmonics, the use of pencils and dulcimer hammers, as well as muted strings, and more.

The result is an impressively versatile library, largely thanks to the multi-layer articulation approach, our unique "Padify" engines, and the depth of tweakability each individual layer offers.

However, as fun as the tweaking is, we understand that not everyone enjoys it as much as we do (yet), so we've included over 50 snapshot presets to get you going.

Botdog Piano Interface.PNG

A special shoutout and big thanks to @Paul Cardon for this incredible demo track, and for providing a 'Botdog Piano only' version that really highlights the versatility of the instrument.

Full price will eventually be $49, but for everyone reading this we're having an introductory offer of $29

Note: Previous owners of the "Spoopy Piano" get an extra $5 off Botdog Piano, and every owner of Botdog Piano can get Spoopy Piano for free once added to cart!

Requires the Full version of Kontakt 5.8.1 or higher, and 1.5GB storage space after extraction

AVAILABLE HERE

I could resist no longer! Thanks for an inspiring - affordable - library! It's warming up in the drawer until it gets called upon. :)

Top Bottom