What's new

Bohemian Violin Vs. Joshua Bell Violin ???

pfmusic

Hello,

I currently own Bohemian Violin which I really like.

Looking at adding another violin and thinking about The Joshua Bell Violin from Embertone.

What's your favourite and do you think I need this one?

I only have bohemian so not too sure about JB's violin but they both sound good. For really expressive kind of emotional lines with extreme vibrato, I'll go with bohemian. It excels in that context. For other purpose, for now I'll say JB works fine. Bohemian is still not complete. Probably it'll be able to do softer vibrato at later expansions.

Hello,

Looking at adding another violin and thinking about The Joshua Bell Violin from Embertone.

I own both, I only use Joshua Bell, it's a masterpiece of sampling, it's a joy to use, you have the feeling Joshua is in your studio, incredible !

Hello,

Since you already invested in Virharmonic, it might be a good idea to wait for EXP2 to come out. It looks like that’s on track to come out later this year.

Embertone is eminently playable. That and the exquisite Joshua Bell sound make this library simply irresistible.

I haven't tried the Bohemian Violin, but I own Embertone's Joshua Bell violin. Having recently begun to make my own sample libraries, I'm in total awe of what Embertone has achieved here.

It is a stunning library and constantly surprises me. One of the things I really love about it, apart from its beautiful tone and expressivity, is the way the humanisation features work.

For instance, via the Intuition menu you could specify that vibrato samples play 30% of the time and re-bow 60% of the time. Then, if you bounce your midi as an audio track two times, each version will be different and you can comp the two 'takes' for your favourite version. I don't know of any other library that feels this 'alive'.

It really is an amazing product.

Thanks for all your thoughts on JB Violin. Watched all the youtube videos and going to buy this.

I love the Bohemian Violin too and hopefully we'll get the EXP2 update sooner, rather than later.

Always good to have a few good violins in your VI cupboard :)

Cheers
Patrick

Top Bottom