What's new

Bohemian Series Expansions Thread, Violin Expansion 2 Improv Video

Request copies of the first two versions... each version has some nice sustains with multi-dynamics. V2 - Exp 1 - is still my favorite for this very reason.
Hi LamaRose. EXP2 still has the sustains. You can force them at will as in EXP1. If you go to the layout page where you can assign articulations to the UI slots you can select sustains for any of the UI slots and force them on when required. Also you can force them without placing them on UI by pressing D0.
Everything is up to date. The loading time is very long and it takes many minutes for the message to disappear, either in Falcon or UVI workstation latest versions.
As SoNowWhat said. Please make sure that the library is on SSD (recommended specs) and then please make sure you set the streaming properly in UVI (manual on the product page has detailed instructions)

If you still have issues please get in touch via our support, so we can assist you further. Loading time on SSD is between 9 to 35 seconds depending on exact spec and preset being loaded. Hope that helps

I couldn't find an upgrade price, so checked my account details to see if it's free, but didn't see any new download links there.

From one other person's post here, it looks like maybe the download links don't get renamed when updated and are based on purchase date? So do we need to re-download the entire shebang then?

I couldn't find an upgrade price, so checked my account details to see if it's free, but didn't see any new download links there.

From one other person's post here, it looks like maybe the download links don't get renamed when updated and are based on purchase date? So do we need to re-download the entire shebang then?

Hi Mark, Correct, this expansion is free for all existing users. In your downloads you will see a file called Bohemian Violin V3 Including EXP2 (Date shown is a date of purchase and not of link generate- we want to change this on the new site). This is a complete version of the Violin including all the Expansions. Full install guide is also available in the manual on our product page for the violin. Also please update your UVI Workstation (https://www.uvi.net/en/instruments/uvi-workstation.html) as the V3 of our violin needs newest version of UVI workstation. I hope that helps and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance.

Edited to add info (UVI link ect)

Ah, thanks, now it shows up. The page had stalled before and it's past the first page of info in my account, so I didn't spot it in my account earlier. Downloading now; hopefully fast as I must get up in 5 hours. :)

I have exhausted all of my available downloads. Can you list the specific OS and Browser combinations that are known to work? I am on macOS Mojave.

I single-clicked in Opera, and no progress showed in its Download Manager or on my drive in the Downloads directory, so then I double-clicked, which likewise did nothing. Then I tried Safari with single-click. No luck, but these attempts brought my four available downloads down to zero.

I have exhausted all of my available downloads. Can you list the specific OS and Browser combinations that are known to work? I am on macOS Mojave.

I single-clicked in Opera, and no progress showed in its Download Manager or on my drive in the Downloads directory, so then I double-clicked, which likewise did nothing. Then I tried Safari with single-click. No luck, but these attempts brought my four available downloads down to zero.

Hi Mark,

I have reset your links, but if you continue to have issues, please contact me on support(at)virharmonic.com for an alternative link :)

Cheers

Alex

OK, thanks. I am dead tired as I had very complicated travel from SAT night through MON mid-day from my vacation spot, so have had little sleep since FRI night and will barely get any tonight either.

I will leave the computer on overnight (something that usually terrifies me due to poor power grid and potential earthquakes and blackouts), in case Safari really is trying to download (Opera apparently isn't trying, but Safari showed a low-progress bar indicator and now finally a barely-downloaded file is showing up in my Downloads directory as in-progress).

I normally find Safari unreliable (with inadequate feedback) for large downloads (and it can't restart as Opera can), but haven't gotten around to trying other browsers yet (such as Chrome or Vivaldi; I abandoned Firefox on macOS years ago when it became unreliable).

I am very much looking forward to this new update and expansion, as my goal is to start using your products during early compositional phases and when I already know I'll be able to replace with a live player vs. spending eons with key switches/etc. using the MIDI approach. Also this can lead to less lazy improvements during the arrangement phase as it focuses us on phrasing and musicality.

I'm going to try to download it at work tomorrow and then transfer via USB stick. Hopefully the Firefox/Windows10 combination will be the magic formula.

I reinstalled Firefox on my iMac tonight, but it can't see the web, and all of the Chrome download links did nothing on Safari, Opera, Vivaldi, or now Firefox, so I'll try that installer download on Firefox/Windows10 tomorrow as well, then copy to USB stick.

Hopefully no one else is having these problems. I'm a sole developer myself, so I empathize with small vendors that can't necessarily test every possible system configuration. :)

I'm going to try to download it at work tomorrow and then transfer via USB stick. Hopefully the Firefox/Windows10 combination will be the magic formula.

I reinstalled Firefox on my iMac tonight, but it can't see the web, and all of the Chrome download links did nothing on Safari, Opera, Vivaldi, or now Firefox, so I'll try that installer download on Firefox/Windows10 tomorrow as well, then copy to USB stick.

Hopefully no one else is having these problems. I'm a sole developer myself, so I empathize with small vendors that can't necessarily test every possible system configuration. :)

Hi Mark,

I sent you an email yesterday with an alternative link, if you did not receive the email, please contact us on support(at)virharmonic.com as there is very little I can do for you via an open forum (Sharing specific links on a forum is not something we can do).

As with all download/hosting systems there will always be some users who experience some issues, this is why we always have a number of alternative solutions :)

If you need any assistance, please contact us on our support email.

Warm Regards

Alex Hyde
VirHarmonic
www.virharmonic.com
support(at)virharmonic.com

Thanks; PM sent. Verifying everything shortly. I think Apple's software updates from earlier this week screwed up some things, as the other glitches that I described were not happening prior to these updates.

I really love the new expansion. There is just one thing i really miss. Is there really no way to activate/deactivate ALL articulations and moods direct on the GUI (at best the GUI would send the message to the sequencer. I much would prefer it over keyswitches).
It feels a bit inconsistent at it is since it works for the moods and some other things while deactivate/activate articulations mainly works only with keyswitches and clicking on the GUI does nothing. Maybe user fault here?
Otherwise i love it (but load is still extreme slow compared to Kontakt and adding/removing FX to the chain is slow as well...i´m using it within Falcon).
There seems also no more edit options within Falcon. Did it not worked with the previous expansion?

That's because a pretty large number of articulations are just temporary keyswitches. Makes no sense to toggle them through the GUI really.

There seems also no more edit options within Falcon. Did it not worked with the previous expansion?

Yes. Disabling editing facilities made things somewhat faster to load, so there's no editing facility anymore.

I really love the new expansion. There is just one thing i really miss. Is there really no way to activate/deactivate ALL articulations and moods direct on the GUI (at best the GUI would send the message to the sequencer. I much would prefer it over keyswitches).
It feels a bit inconsistent at it is since it works for the moods and some other things while deactivate/activate articulations mainly works only with keyswitches and clicking on the GUI does nothing. Maybe user fault here?
Otherwise i love it (but load is still extreme slow compared to Kontakt and adding/removing FX to the chain is slow as well...i´m using it within Falcon).

Hi Cinebient,

Thank you for the kind words. The reason we allow Moods to be switched by GUI click is because they also contain the UI presets, so they are not really a simple keyswitch and it is helpful to switch between them on the UI, especially when making your own changes to the layout. The rest of the keys are mostly Force keys and few keyswitches (for shorts) so making them UI controlled wouldn't be very useful as EvilDragon pointed out and it is much better practice to use Midi keys to control it as that way the DAW can store this info right away on record without the need for extra post edits or insert.

I hope that makes sense. We have tutorials incoming next week in a video form (GUI tutorial will be first), but we have also reworked the manual in great depth before the V3 launch, so please feel free to check it out as well and see if it has info you find useful (available on the product page)

PS Loading times can be sped up by making sure that you are using the correct streaming setting in UVI and Falcon (manual has the exact steps to check). For me the library loads in 13-15 secs (NVME drive) SATA SSD load time is around 25-36 seconds and normal HDD is longer ( we do not recommend having the library on standard HDD if at all possible) It is a very large solo instrument (over 55k samples from which majority are legato in phrase samples), so while we are happy that we have managed to add so many samples without increasing loading time (actually decreasing it from EXP1 version), we will continue aiming for minimum loading time ;) I can openly say that we have spent ages getting this right and we will continue doing so.

Warm Regards

Ondrej

Last edited:
Reactions: EgM
This may not be possible with the above response, but has anyone made an Articulation Set for the updated version in Logic Pro?

This may not be possible with the above response, but has anyone made an Articulation Set for the updated version in Logic Pro?

Personally I use reaper, but assuming that that Art sets on logic work On a principle as I think. Ie playing a keyswitch of said articulation at the start of each new note based on art selected in art set, it should be possible to make one as long as the “keyswitch” is still down (played) when the played midi note is played as in that case our force keys will work fine with art sets.

Saying that though, one of the main features of the performer is that you don’t have to use force keys most of the time as the performer selects the bow types and legato types for you as you play and the art sets, if forcing something on each note, will result in unnecessary amount of work that any user not using it, would not have to do, so having a blank art set that doesn’t force any articulation on would also be beneficial in such set.

Warm Regards

Ondrej

I am having trouble loading the library. It loads really quickly in uvi and then gets stuck on 100%. When I try to cancel it, it shuts down logic pro x. I've tried adjusting the streaming settings in UVI, I don't have an SSD it's HDD. I have a late 2013 iMac with 32gb of ram, i7 processor 3.5 GHz, 4 cores. The funny thing is when I first downloaded the library it loaded no problem, but now it's not loading at all! Any suggestions?

I am having trouble loading the library. It loads really quickly in uvi and then gets stuck on 100%. When I try to cancel it, it shuts down logic pro x. I've tried adjusting the streaming settings in UVI, I don't have an SSD it's HDD. I have a late 2013 iMac with 32gb of ram, i7 processor 3.5 GHz, 4 cores. The funny thing is when I first downloaded the library it loaded no problem, but now it's not loading at all! Any suggestions?

I would do 2 things,make sure you’re on the latest update of either the UVI player or Falcon( which ever you have)
If that doesn’t work try trashing BohemianV and reinstalling it.
Good luck 👍

Hi Avocado89,

The way UVI loads encoded libraries is that if the library is encrypted, it will fly through the percentage, but the percentage will not necessarily reflect the loading, so when it is “stuck on 100% it is infact still loading. Just leave it at 100% without canceling the process and it will complete once the loading is complete. It isn’t really stuck, it is still loading but without giving the visual guidance. We have reported this to UVI as we feel that the loading percentage should be more reflective of the loading process.

If the library is not on SSD the total loading times may vary ( on SSD it is around 15 to 30 secs or so, but on hdd it will vary and it is important to have the correct streaming settings for your drive selected in UVI).

Ps also as stated above please make sure that you are using the most up to date version of UVI or Falcon.

I hope the above helps, but please do not hesitate to contact our support via our site for further assistance.

Warm Regards

Ondrej

Top Bottom