What's new

Bohemian Series Expansions Thread, Violin Expansion 2 Improv Video

I wish you could enable 'download resume' support. I don't have a steady connection, and have tried downloading three times now, with partial downloads, and it looks like I'm using up my remaining downloads.

Screenshot 2019-06-29 13.36.13.png

EDIT: Yep, I'm now out of download attempts. Last one got me 8.34GB out of 9.09GB and then failed. Wish I could just click resume, but it says I don't have permission. Frustrating.

edit: Just got your email :)

Hi KA00,

Could you please contact us on support(at)virharmonic.com as we have no way of helping you here as we need to know who you are so we can provide you with assistance :)

Many Thanks

Alex
Customer Support
VirHarmonic
www.virharmonic.com

Reactions: EgM
Bohemian Violin V3 including the Expansion 2 is now officially Released,

Thank you all for your patience and continued support. We couldn’t be doing what we do without your help and your amazing ideas.

Quick Overview of the Expanded Version is here.

Install Steps For Existing Users:
1.Please update your UVI Workstation to the newest version.
Only the newest version supports all the script features we have used, so the library requires UVI Workstation 3.0.5+ to run!
2. Download the Bohemian Violin V3 incl EXP2. (8.5 GB required for download and the library will take 9.2 GB once unpacked)
3. Unpack the downloaded file and place the resulting UFS into your mounting folder.
4. Existing Users do NOT need to reactivate. This version answers to the same licence as Expansion 1 or base version!

The Expanded version is free for all existing users, so you can just login and begin your download.

Once you login, you will see your download link in the download section of your account. We have released it in Single Version at 48Khz as that is the most efficient version to use and in 99% of the setups, the best version to use.
The 96Khz version will be made available in 2 weeks and will be available on request only as unless the user runs project set to 96Khz, using the 96Khz version will simply increase the memory load for no gain as the hosting DAW would have to downsample to lower sample rate at real time which causes CPU spikes and sonically often results in worse quality then using the perfectly resampled 48khz version. Having 2 versions on downloads lead to a lot of confusion and often users ended up using incorrect version for their needs, so we have decided to keep things simple going forward.

Legacy Versions have also been removed from the downloads as they often lead to confusion (especially for new customers), but they are available on requests, so if you have old projects that need the legacy versions and you lose your UFS, you can email us for a download link of any version required.

Over the course of next few weeks we will look forward to hearing what you compose using this evolved version and we look forward to releasing the Expansion 3 (already in works) as soon as possible. We will also populate the tutorials in similar fashion to our Cello to make sure, you can all get the most out of the violin, so we will share all our tips and tricks with you and describe each feature in more detail as there is a lot of features to go through now and the Overview is only a brief fly over :)

We have also updated the Manual, which is now very detailed and we hope you find it helpful. Manual is available on the product page.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR AMAZING SUPPORT!!!​

Last edited:
Hey, will you send the mail in many times for not having too many people downloading, because I didn't receive any mail ?
Thanks

Hey, will you send the mail in many times for not having too many people downloading, because I didn't receive any mail ?
Thanks

Hi Silouane,

You can go ahead and sign into your account to start your download, we are sending the emails to all subscribers right now and we are not scaling the launch, so jump right in :)

Cheers

Alex

1.Please update your UVI Workstation to the newest version. Only the newest version supports all the script features we have used, so the library requires UVI Workstation 3.0.5+ to run!
congrats!but.. the latest version of uvi ws doesnt support windows 7,is that right?
So we the windows 7 ppl are abandoned?

congrats!but.. the latest version of uvi ws doesnt support windows 7,is that right?
So we the windows 7 ppl are abandoned?
As EvilDragon said, you should be still able to install the newest version, but Windows 7 will no longer receive official support. This is decision taken by UVI and as a third party dev on the platform we have no say in the matter. The main issue is that official Windows 7 support is now over by Microsoft and only security updates are being released for a little bit longer, so more and more plugin/DAW devs will be ending their support.
Didn't see it at first; The website dates the download as 1/12/15
The date on download page is Order date and not the download link date. In future we plan to change this to avoid confusion.

Congratulations Virharmonic! Easy download, and what a wonderful update! I've had only about a half hour on it, but - wow. Just fantastic! So playable and expressive. LOVE IT. Worth waiting for!

Can we delete the previous file that we were using? Bohemian Violin 48Khz.ufs, and use just the new Bohemian_Violin_V3.ufs ? or Does the previous file need to remain there?

Can we delete the previous file that we were using? Bohemian Violin 48Khz.ufs, and use just the new Bohemian_Violin_V3.ufs ?
Yes, but if you have old projects that you still need to work on It might not be the best solution. Old projects will call on the old UFS and you would have to reconnect to the new version. For as long as you need to work on old projects using the old version I would recommend keeping the old version. Once you are done on old projects you can remove the old version without any need for manual reloading of the instrument. Alternatively you can simply manually load the new version in the old projects. We made sure that the two versions can coexist and it is up to the user if they still have a need for the old version.

Yes, but if you have old projects that you still need to work on It might not be the best solution. Old projects will call on the old UFS and you would have to reconnect to the new version. For as long as you need to work on old projects using the old version I would recommend keeping the old version. Once you are done on old projects you can remove the old version without any need for manual reloading of the instrument. Alternatively you can simply manually load the new version in the old projects. We made sure that the two versions can coexist and it is up to the user if they still have a need for the old version.

Got it! Crystal clear. Thanks so much. Look forward to working with the new version.

[I posted this on TSB but thought I might share here too. Sorry about the crosspost.]

I thought I would exercise the Bohemian's rebowing with the melody from the Band of Brothers theme. This is performed in live, and then tweaked later in terms of additional keyswitches to influence the Performer (usually to force a longer rebow). Reverb is Pro-R.

I think it did quite well. The live performance was already quite musical, and the added tweaking was to squeeze out a bit of extra finesse. I do find that there is quite an overpowering scratchy rosiny undertone characteristic of closely miced violins, especially in the upper registers. Consequently I've produced two versions, one without eq and one with a pretty heavy automated high pass filter.

Without EQ: https://helix.urandom.ca/public/bohemian-bob.mp3
With EQ: https://helix.urandom.ca/public/bohemian-bob-eq.mp3

The main problem I hear that will be difficult to treat in post-processing is the degree to which some of the notes differ in timbre as they're rebowed. This is particularly apparent with the Ab from 0:35-0:39. It still sounds musical, which is the most important thing, but it pretty abruptly breaks the illusion. On the flip side, it took that grace note at 0:41 like a boss.

Still, this is a great expansion, and the best part is that since I already own the Bohemian I paid $0 for it. :)

Top Bottom