What's new

Bohemian Series Expansions Thread, Violin Expansion 2 Improv Video

Sounds really good... but I have to wonder what the CPU hit will be with this update. And to be honest, in retrospect, I truly wish that a basic viola version had been released, as with the violin and cello, just to have had something to work with and to have had more than one version to call upon.

Hi everyone

There is no increase in CPU as far as we can tell. During playback and composing my CPU is at 1-3% on EXP2 which is basically the same as on all the violin versions, so there is no increase in CPU. If anybody is seeing high CPU use, it probably means that they are using 96Khz Version in a project set to 48 or 44.1Khz which is not recommended as the user doesn't get any benefit from the 96Khz because it is being downsampled live in real time by the DAW, so the playback is in the sample rate of the DAW anyways and it will only cost CPU as resampling is pretty CPU intensive task.

Love the demo video!
Can the violin play even faster transitions?

Yes, it can :) but as this first video is always me playing live on the keyboard to show how it acts when just playing/doodling it is limited by my own piano skills and I can not play much faster then this with decent accuracy. Expansion 1 already contains runs for onbow and now we have added bowchanged variation as well for bow changed legato runs, but if I play live on the keyboard I am not able to reach the speeds that would require it's use. We will of course show it in tutorials and overview.

I'll post the video that is being discussed here once more, so nobody has to search for it through the pages. It is also in the main thread post at the beginning

Thank you for all the kind words everybody and we will do more videos and tutorials as we get into beta next week and the weeks after running up to release :)

When will this update be released? Before July hopefully? No rush, just very excited for the update! I just purchased the violin a few weeks ago and I am in awe and in love with it. Hands down the best solo violin vst/sample library out there. Keep up the amazing work!

When will this update be released? Before July hopefully? No rush, just very excited for the update! I just purchased the violin a few weeks ago and I am in awe and in love with it. Hands down the best solo violin vst/sample library out there. Keep up the amazing work!

Hi Avocado89. Thank you for the kind words. The release should be before the end of this month. As EvilDragon says we are currently in beta and so far we have no show stoppers, so it is looking good for June release.

Hello Everybody,

Release version is uploaded for encoding and beta has concluded on Thursday, so as long as there are no issues on encoding, we will release expansion 2 at the end of next week. Thank you all for the kind words and for your support and a big thank you for all the beta testers who have helped us to isolate last straggling bugs and helped us make the library even better.

Warm Regards

Ondrej

Bought the other day. Very impressive already. The main thing missing is dialing down the vibrato and that seems to be getting addresses.

Looking forward to this update!

Hi Everyone

Expansion 2 is launching Tomorrow :)

Little Demo track I wrote after making the overview video for tomorrow (video is currently being encoded to be ready for launch)

For the first couple of weeks only the 48Khz version will be available as it is the version 99% of users should be using and is the default version. It weights at 9,33 GB when unpacked. The 96Khz version will be available on request in 2 weeks, but it will remain on request only as it isn't ideal version to use unless the composer is working on a project set to 96Khz and mixing it with those raw recordings and it has been confusing a lot of customers, so it will remain available, but on request only to avoid confusion.

We will also be using new download hosting system, so it should be very fast for all of you to download together, so we won't be scaling the download. It will just become available tomorrow afternoon/evening and newsletter subscribers will receive notification.

I will post here as well once the links have been propagated tomorrow (Saturday evening for those reading it tomorrow :) )

Thank you for your patience and support from the whole Virharmonic team :)

It will just become available tomorrow afternoon/evening and newsletter subscribers will receive notification.
Could you make it possible to receive notifications about updates besides not being subscribed to the newsletter? I feel like notifications for updates is quite different to notifications for new releases or sales. It's only luck I stumbled across this thread, otherwise I would have no idea. Anyway, I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Hi Everyone

Expansion 2 is launching Tomorrow :)

Little Demo track I wrote after making the overview video for tomorrow (video is currently being encoded to be ready for launch)

For the first couple of weeks only the 48Khz version will be available as it is the version 99% of users should be using and is the default version. It weights at 9,33 GB when unpacked. The 96Khz version will be available on request in 2 weeks, but it will remain on request only as it isn't ideal version to use unless the composer is working on a project set to 96Khz and mixing it with those raw recordings and it has been confusing a lot of customers, so it will remain available, but on request only to avoid confusion.

We will also be using new download hosting system, so it should be very fast for all of you to download together, so we won't be scaling the download. It will just become available tomorrow afternoon/evening and newsletter subscribers will receive notification.

I will post here as well once the links have been propagated tomorrow (Saturday evening for those reading it tomorrow :) )

Thank you for your patience and support from the whole Virharmonic team :)

Can you get rid of the older versions?
I'm running low on space.

Top Bottom