What's new

Bohemian Series Expansions Thread, Violin Expansion 2 Improv Video

I am in dire need of a Viola!

How soon????
@Virharmonic
Have you a "date" for viola ?
And for Exp2 Violin/Cello ?

Hi there everybody,

Viola is currently planned for Q4 2018 and as it runs on the Violin EXP2 performer, we aim to release it at the end of the quarter 4 or early in Q1. We are working towards 2018 release if humanly possible. Current priority is EXP2 for the violin, which we hope to push to beta as soon as possible (Second Half of September is when we hope to share more details about EXP2 and what it contains as well as more exact release date). We have upscaled it considerably as adding one thing meant we wanted another and so on, so now EXP2 is similar size to EXP1 ;) which meant that we had to tackle number of computer resource issues, to keep our libraries below the 2gb ram mark , but we are not yet ready to give out exact release date. In terms of the cello, it is based solely on the schedule of the cellist and his availability and as he is a very sought after professional, it is bit of a challenge to arrange these, but we will announce more details once the recording schedule is fully complete as this will give us much clearer indication of the release window. At the moment we aim for Q1 2019, but this is subject to change. In our current schedules we aim to complete the Soul capture Violin, Viola and Cello by summer 2019, so this will give you a clear indication of where we want to be.

As always we aim for highest quality like with EXP1 and that means that keeping fixed schedules is very difficult and that is why we have started the developer tracker, so instead of giving dates, we open up our progress to you guys, so you can see where we are at -https://www.virharmonic.com/blog/developement_2018. We have very high hopes for EXP2, and we can not wait to present it in it's full glory as it brings about a lot of cool stuff for the future of Soul Capture series, but as usual we won't rush it as quality is paramount to us. Thank you for your support and understanding.

Warm Regards

Ondrej

the Soul capture series is simply and by far the most amazing bunch of virtual Instruments I own. It's great to see your Passion and efforts leading to These incredibly great results.

Because of what you already achieved it's very easy to wait for any update or new member of the Soul capture Performers. I am sure it will be great

Hi there everybody,

Viola is currently planned for Q4 2018 and as it runs on the Violin EXP2 performer, we aim to release it at the end of the quarter 4 or early in Q1. We are working towards 2018 release if humanly possible. Current priority is EXP2 for the violin, which we hope to push to beta as soon as possible (Second Half of September is when we hope to share more details about EXP2 and what it contains as well as more exact release date). We have upscaled it considerably as adding one thing meant we wanted another and so on, so now EXP2 is similar size to EXP1 ;) which meant that we had to tackle number of computer resource issues, to keep our libraries below the 2gb ram mark , but we are not yet ready to give out exact release date. In terms of the cello, it is based solely on the schedule of the cellist and his availability and as he is a very sought after professional, it is bit of a challenge to arrange these, but we will announce more details once the recording schedule is fully complete as this will give us much clearer indication of the release window. At the moment we aim for Q1 2019, but this is subject to change. In our current schedules we aim to complete the Soul capture Violin, Viola and Cello by summer 2019, so this will give you a clear indication of where we want to be.

As always we aim for highest quality like with EXP1 and that means that keeping fixed schedules is very difficult and that is why we have started the developer tracker, so instead of giving dates, we open up our progress to you guys, so you can see where we are at -https://www.virharmonic.com/blog/developement_2018. We have very high hopes for EXP2, and we can not wait to present it in it's full glory as it brings about a lot of cool stuff for the future of Soul Capture series, but as usual we won't rush it as quality is paramount to us. Thank you for your support and understanding.

Warm Regards

Ondrej
Very happy Bohemian Violin and Cello user. Looking forward to EXP2!

I may be going against the general consensus with this, but I prefer the previous cello player actually over the current one due to the (in my view)intensified vibrato in the last version.

Hopefully non vibrato and/or progressive vibrato will be added so its range of use in music can be increased.
Current vibrato level ( even in the softer mode) is too much in the ‘emotional and dramatic ’ corner to my taste.

However progressive vibrato also has its chalanges because I rarely hear a cellist play every note that way. So It would need to be a first note progresive vibrato with consecutive notes with vibrato.....sort of.
Maybe add some AI to the performer ? ;D

I may be going against the general consensus with this, but I prefer the previous cello player actually over the current one due to the (in my view)intensified vibrato in the last version.

Hopefully non vibrato and/or progressive vibrato will be added so its range of use in music can be increased.
Current vibrato level ( even in the softer mode) is too much in the ‘emotional and dramatic ’ corner to my taste.

However progressive vibrato also has its chalanges because I rarely hear a cellist play every note that way. So It would need to be a first note progresive vibrato with consecutive notes with vibrato.....sort of.
Maybe add some AI to the performer ? ;D
I also prefer the first violin to the second, which has more range of expression but for me doesn't react as musically to my playing.

@Virharmonic

is it possible to keep doing an monthly update on your dev tracker blog on your website?

Apart from your informative interview some time ago I do look from time to time how things are getting on.

Hi Silence is Golden,

Sure thing. I just told Alex where I would estimate our amendments to be at and the artwork has now been updated to reflect it on our dev tracker.

To explain what the percentage stands for in the Amendments section. I'm carrying on tweaking the performer to achieve that final milestone, so basically it means tweaking individual parts of the performer moods, replacing or tweaking samples and script, many script and sample tweaks, until each part of the performer slots perfectly under the many test circumstances we have created for the "plonckability" testing. It is a lot of back and forth testing, thus hard to put into a number, so we base the number on approved parts of the behaviours that we have on our internal list.

Thank you for your support and patience and I will carry on pushing on towards the Beta Release candidate. Personally I can not wait to showcase how EXP2 evolved :)

Warm Regards

Ondrej
Virharmonic

Thank you for your support and patience and I will carry on pushing on towards the Beta Release candidate. Personally I can not wait to showcase how EXP2 evolved :)

Hi Ondrej,

Thanks for the message.

Indeed, there is an expectancy created to see a montly increase of the final 82% (ah, and just updated to 84%), but that's totaly on my side, not yours :D

Anyway, I would say" if you can't wait, show us what you have now so we can drool over what we would realy like to appear in our download box....

Hi Ondrej,

Thanks for the message.

Indeed, there is an expectancy created to see a montly increase of the final 82% (ah, and just updated to 84%), but that's totaly on my side, not yours :D

Anyway, I would say" if you can't wait, show us what you have now so we can drool over what we would realy like to appear in our download box....

:) We will do a live Improv during the Beta of Release Candidate :) As in the past, we will only show it once we have Release Candidate built as it will be a true reflection of what you are about to get instead of internal builds. The issue with internal builds is that not everything we have in the current build is guaranteed to make it into a release build and sometimes parts can be replaced with alternative solutions from other builds and thus this could lead to misleading showcase.

Even I have to be patient to showcase the library or Alex will give me a right telling off for showing things before they are 100% approved for release :)

Warm Regards

Ondrej

So I'm a little late to this update as I never got around to installing it. Now I have it on my 2nd rig which is the one that will go out live. Depending on the piece I actually prefer the original cello sometimes.

Since I won't be back in the studio till tonight am I able to keep both versions on the same machine?

So I'm a little late to this update as I never got around to installing it. Now I have it on my 2nd rig which is the one that will go out live. Depending on the piece I actually prefer the original cello sometimes.

Since I won't be back in the studio till tonight am I able to keep both versions on the same machine?

Yes, I have both versions on the same machine, but they do need to be in separate folders, each with their own sample folders. The newer version should be a complete download.

Reactions: IFM
Top Bottom