What's new

Bohemian Series Expansions Thread, Violin Expansion 2 Improv Video

Is there any way to change the new background picture to the old one? (because i want the cello and violin look similar since they come from the same developer)

Please oh please tell me this has non-vibrato legato with various vibrato intensity layers controllable with an assignable CC? Also are the velocity layers controllable via CC?

I do hope, however this soul capture series doesn't remove the option to go "old-school" and control everything via CC's and keyswitches to our hearts content as well. Though i agree the choices the advanced scripting makes are musical and sound natural, they may not be what the composer intended for our compositions.

Hi EuropaWill (sorry missed your post earlier)

The answer to the above is no and yes. The two concepts are simply not compatible when it comes to CC - Any CC crossfading on solo instruments results in nasty phasing (unless phase aligned, which kills the samples instead) and virtual vibrato never matches to the quality of the real vibrato of the performer. However we do have Keyswitches and force keys and these can override the performer and "force them" to use a specific bow type or articulations. For example on the vibratos we don't allow crossfading for the reasons explained above, but we already have vast variety of natural sounding vibratos - Slow on bow legatos have different vibrato to 1/2 speed legatos and of course the 1/4 legatos are almost without vibrato until higher dynamics as there are dynamics in the legatos too. Arcs and midarcs have progressive vibratos which are affected by dynamics as well and Dimins have diminishing vibratos. Sustains have sustained vibrato with intensity varying by their dynamics.

All our sampling is in "melodic momentum", so the vibrato is matching to how the performer would approach said interval/phrase and dynamic with thought for melodic context, bow pressure, speed ect... Further bow types and legatos are in the works for EXP2 and they will expand on this further. As you can see from above, we are working on capturing the performer and how they would approach said phrase, so with the library containing already around 35k+ samples the variety is vast already, but we still work on adding to it, as capturing a performer demands lot more samples then just recording an instrument itself.

Is there any way to change the new background picture to the old one? (because i want the cello and violin look similar since they come from the same developer)

Hi Bap_la_so_1,

Changing background is not something the user can do (IE there is no easy way to do that). However the EXP2 of the Violin will update the Violin's GUI to this new model and thus it will be matching pretty soon (once EXP2 for Violin is released)

Best Regards

Alex

We have the pleasure to share this lovely track from the very talented Adrien Binet.

Of course it is featuring non other then our Bohemian Cello :) and a Big thank you to Adrien for sharing with us.

We hope to complete the tutorials this week and probably add few more demos. Work on the EXP2 for the violin will now continue and we will be also updating the Blog on our site with more info as time goes on.

I know this isn't related to Bohemian Cello but i really to say i do find the Violin very suitable for Oriental music as well. Here's my attempt on an oriental piece which features Bohemian Violin Exp 1

Quick question. Since this uses UVI and thus needs an ilok license to run, does this mean you can sell the library if you are not satisfied with the results? I must admit I found the improv demo in to be very impressive as a listener, but its impossible to know as a composers if these type of performance algorithms will perform what I intend. It is my understanding that there are ways to "force articulations" as you desire, but without being able to try it out its hard for me to know if its an improvement over my existing tools (VSL solo strings). Wish there was a proper demo for the instrument, or hopefully at the very least a way to resell the license if its turns out to be too frustrating as a composition tool. (users feel free to PM me with your thoughts - would really appreciate it!)

Congrats on some great VI's with a greatly improved interface on the cello! My only question is... when does the violin get the GUI update? Having articulations down both sides with controls in the center is brilliant. :)

Quick question. Since this uses UVI and thus needs an ilok license to run, does this mean you can sell the library if you are not satisfied with the results? I must admit I found the improv demo in to be very impressive as a listener, but its impossible to know as a composers if these type of performance algorithms will perform what I intend. It is my understanding that there are ways to "force articulations" as you desire, but without being able to try it out its hard for me to know if its an improvement over my existing tools (VSL solo strings). Wish there was a proper demo for the instrument, or hopefully at the very least a way to resell the license if its turns out to be too frustrating as a composition tool. (users feel free to PM me with your thoughts - would really appreciate it!)

Hi JT3,

Thank you for your interest in our Soul Capture series.
Our licences are not for Re-sale. It would not be contractually and logistically possible to do at the moment. Please feel free to check our EULA . Please feel free to contact our support via our website if you have any further questions. Even if you wish to ask about limitations ect. We are very different from VSL or actually most of the libraries out there when it comes to concept, so feel free to ask. ;)

Congrats on some great VI's with a greatly improved interface on the cello! My only question is... when does the violin get the GUI update? Having articulations down both sides with controls in the center is brilliant. :)

Thanks X-Bassist - it is coming to Violin in EXP2 which we have been working on for a while now. We will be updating our blog on our site starting from March again, so you can be kept up to date ;)

Thank You @constaneum and @Silence-is-Golden for sharing your awesome work guys :)

Last edited:
Just purchased and am a little confused by all of the download links. For the 48khz version, it's just a single download. I can ignore the 6 96khz links. Is that correct?

Just purchased and am a little confused by all of the download links. For the 48khz version, it's just a single download. I can ignore the 6 96khz links. Is that correct?

It's either the one 48kHz file or the six 96kHz files if you have bats ears. But I believe that even Virharmonic's advice is to go for the 48kHz version in general.

I must be having a bad day but I'm having trouble understanding how to install this. I've got the UVI player installed and the license on my iLok key. The folder with the UFS files is in my download folder right now. Do I need to move that folder to my sample drive before proceeding? What do I do next?

JT

I must be having a bad day but I'm having trouble understanding how to install this. I've got the UVI player installed and the license on my iLok key. The folder with the UFS files is in my download folder right now. Do I need to move that folder to my sample drive before proceeding? What do I do next?

JT
Hi JT,

Just place your unpacked UFS file where you want it to be streamed from (for example your sample drive). Once you have placed it there, in UVI , setup your Folder Mounting as instructed in the install guide which can be found in your account downloads. Restart UVI and the library will be mounted in your soundbanks on the left side.

If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us through our website.

Warm Regards

Ondrej

Anybody up for a bit of Nordic Noir feel? Dirk Ehlert (De-Tune) did awesome live stream yesterday featuring our libraries among other really cool libraries - so feel free to check out his Twitch Chanel (regular streams with all the new toys and cool composing tips, so well worth watching)

Full Twitch Link if you want to watch how he writes this composition in couple of hours -

It says it's going to take 14 hours to download 4.81 gig...Can the guy running Virharmonic's servers peddle faster please?
Hi Simon, The servers are peddling rather well, but sadly depending on your location you might not be getting the speed the server can deliver. Little we can do about this on server side, but if you contact our support we will be able to assist you. ;)

Warm Regards

Ondrej

Top Bottom